• 7(current)
No video with XBMC 9.11-b1 [log posted]
fnaah Wrote:Fafnr, you can get an openGL build here:

http://danielpatton.com/user-accounts/XB...459-gl.exe

or http://www.xbmcsvn.com Smile my last is http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=CW&P=PCO&R=27059

then the cvs got all borked Sad
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
Awesome, thanks for the OpenGL version!
It runs video without a hitch Smile

TheQuestor: Your links seem to borked as well Smile Some DB error.
Fafnr Wrote:Awesome, thanks for the OpenGL version!
It runs video without a hitch Smile

TheQuestor: Your links seem to borked as well Smile Some DB error.

I can not reproduce it. Works in every browser on all the different machines I tried [all 3 of them] but they where all remote locations so it is not a local to me thing.

I'm sorry you had problems. Give it it try again sometime. Hopefully the devs will fix the CrystalHD thing going on with the OpenGL part soon Smile

Have a great day
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
TheQuestor Wrote:Hopefully the devs will fix the CrystalHD thing going on with the OpenGL part soon Smile

Open up system.h and #undef HAVE_LIBCRYSTALHD. Then it will compile but I didn't test if it had any side-effects.
Mirt Wrote:Open up system.h and #undef HAVE_LIBCRYSTALHD. Then it will compile but I didn't test if it had any side-effects.

Thanks but I can't Smile I do not touch the SVN files for my nightly builds. I do not feel like keeping a seperate source code for people to download Smile

But it is good to know Smile
So is there a solution in the works for this or is the requirement to have a graphics card that supports 2.0 the answer (other than using the unofficial OpenGL version)?
OpenGL Compiled for me last night finally Tongue so if you DO need it, head on over and grab em while they're hot!.

And it is my understanding that SM2.0 is going to be a minimum needed since 1.0 doesn't support the needed shaders they use now.

Most software has a "minimum hardware requirement" and when you try to write something for the "lowest common denominator" you end up with just that. Somewhere you have to draw a line and make that your lowest point.

If you are a PC user then:
PCI = NewEgg GeForce 8400 GS PCI 39.99
AGP = NewEgg GeForce 6200LE AGP 44.99
PCIex = NewEgg Radeon HD 4350 PCIex 35.99

Any of these should fix you up and for under 50 bucks.

Craig
TheQuestor Wrote:OpenGL Compiled for me last night finally Tongue so if you DO need it, head on over and grab em while they're hot!.

And it is my understanding that SM2.0 is going to be a minimum needed since 1.0 doesn't support the needed shaders they use now.

Most software has a "minimum hardware requirement" and when you try to write something for the "lowest common denominator" you end up with just that. Somewhere you have to draw a line and make that your lowest point.

If you are a PC user then:
PCI = NewEgg GeForce 8400 GS PCI 39.99
AGP = NewEgg GeForce 6200LE AGP 44.99
PCIex = NewEgg Radeon HD 4350 PCIex 35.99

Any of these should fix you up and for under 50 bucks.

Craig

i do not agree with you.
are you familiar with the XBOX(1) hardware?
733 MHz Intel Pentium III & 233 MHz nVidia NV2A.

this should be the "lowest common denominator" for playing oldschool DVDs & MP3s. I BET nobody needs a "pixel shader 2.0" for that.

producing "cool looking" software for high-end hardware is not a challenge.
...but when i look at your signature, I understand everything Wink

lou
i do not agree with you.
are you familiar with the Amiga 500?
7.16MHz Motorola 68000 & OCS Video Chipset.

this should be the "lowest common denominator" for playing oldschool FLI & FLC animation and MODTracker music files. I BET nobody needs a 32-bit display or 5.1 channels for sound.

The X-Box is 9 years old now. It's time to move on. Smile
nathanjones Wrote:i do not agree with you.
are you familiar with the Amiga 500?
7.16MHz Motorola 68000 & OCS Video Chipset.

this should be the "lowest common denominator" for playing oldschool FLI & FLC animation and MODTracker music files. I BET nobody needs a 32-bit display or 5.1 channels for sound.

The X-Box is 9 years old now. It's time to move on. Smile

what a bad example.
nobody wants to play FLIs or MODs.
ever played a DVD on an Amiga? I dont think so.
or
what is the "killer media" for any media center software today?
i think it is still DVD & MP3.

"time to move on": yez! i really like to move to a pc now, but i think a 1GHz system should be enough by far doing a little media-playback with fancy buttons. (M$ does it, XBMC should do better...!)
i dont want to control my thermonuclear missiles with that..!
Big Grin
You're right, it was obviously an extreme over exaggeration, but there are a lot of people who want more than just MP3's and DVD's...otherwise video acceleration wouldn't be such a hotly sought after feature on the Windows front. (and that, in itself, was a major reason to move to DirectX)

But if all you want is MP3's and DVD's...then you don't even need Camelot. Stick with OpenGL Babylon. Or grab an OpenGL SVN compile now, run it, and never upgrade again. Smile
nathanjones Wrote:The X-Box is 9 years old now. It's time to move on. Smile

Why move on if something works?

I still use my old xbox to watch movies at my grandmother's house. It works perfectly and I see no reason to waste money.
Yes, but there are things the XBox can't play or do, and that list is only going to grow over time. Already there is a significant portion of my library I can't play on my old XBox (and I'm not alone).

If you (the 'royal' you) are only concerned about MP3 and DVD playback, then you already have your player, use an OpenGL build, or use an XBox. You don't need anything newer. There's no need to worry about having a 'new' video card. You're all set.

But you can't use the argument that you shouldn't need pixel shader 2.0 for DVD and MP3 playback because that's not why they're a requirement. They're a requirement to move forward and support newer technology on the windows side of things and the only way that's going to change is if the Windows branch gets more developers.
I don´t understand why XBMC needs pixel shader 2.0 to show videos in the new version? Video playback worked in the previous version without it. So what is the benfit to use it now? All standalone Videoplayers i know like VLC, Mediaplayer Classsic, Gom Player don´t need it either?
I'm not a developer, so it's not really a question I can answer definitively. I know pixel shaders are required for straight video playback, but I believe they are required for the various video overlays, upscalers, and interaction within the GUI. D3D fullscreen might require it. Again, I don't know.

They were never a requirement before because XBMC used OpenGL...but OpenGL is never going to support DXVA(2) which is something a lot of people are asking for. Smile OpenGL may support accelleration natively at some point, but that's probably a ways off. I mean, you could have accelleration right now in the OpenGL port with the Broadcom accellerator, but that's $20-30 dollars... you might as well buy a new video card for that.

On a side note, MPC actually did require Pixel Shader 2.0 for some of it's upscaling/shader effects. Don't know if that carried over to MPC-HC or not. There's a hell of a lot of difference between a media player, and a media center. If presentation wasn't important, we'd all be using a WDTV. Smile
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video with XBMC 9.11-b1 [log posted]2