TheMovieDB scraper artwork issues in 9.11-b1
I've been trying out the new 9.11 beta, and I've noticed problems with the TheMovieDB.org scraper. It will fail to find posters or fanart for about 1/4 of movies that do have artwork on the website. Refreshing the movie info does not help. The manual image selection screen shows no remote image options. I've tried with different skins, using both the aTV and Windows versions of XBMC. These movies scrape correctly with previous versions of XBMC.

Some specific films that exhibit this problem:
100 Million BC
200 Cigarettes
The Abandoned
Adventures in Babysitting
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai
Austin Powers - The Spy Who Shagged Me
As always, debug log is needed.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
candre23 Wrote:I've been trying out the new 9.11 beta, and I've noticed problems with the TheMovieDB.org scraper. It will fail to find posters or fanart for about 1/4 of movies that do have artwork on the website. Refreshing the movie info does not help. The manual image selection screen shows no remote image options. I've tried with different skins, using both the aTV and Windows versions of XBMC. These movies scrape correctly with previous versions of XBMC.

100 Million BC
200 Cigarettes
The Abandoned

Same thing happening to me too. Different movies though.
candre23 Wrote:I've been trying out the new 9.11 beta, and I've noticed problems with the TheMovieDB.org scraper. It will fail to find posters or fanart for about 1/4 of movies that do have artwork on the website. Refreshing the movie info does not help. The manual image selection screen shows no remote image options. I've tried with different skins, using both the aTV and Windows versions of XBMC. These movies scrape correctly with previous versions of XBMC.

100 Million BC
200 Cigarettes
The Abandoned

Snap for Austin Powers and Buckaroo Banzai (don't have the others). Was testing Windows release.
Most played tunes last week:
XBMC + lastfm = goodness :D
vdrfan Wrote:As always, debug log is needed.
Did a complete uninstall, wiping the user data as well. Installed a fresh copy of 9.11-b1. Immediately turned on logging. Added movie folder under videos, set content as movies and ran auto scan. Allowed it to scan first 50 or so files, then stopped scanning. Checked several known problem files - same issue as before. Tried refreshing movie info. Tried manually adding thumbs and fanart, still no remote options. Noticed that Adventures in Babysitting had fanart, but no thumbnail. Tried to change fanart to another remote pic, XBMC went through the download process, but displayed fanart did not change. Shut down XBMC.

Log file
I find you're better off sticking to IMDB and just setting it to scrape TheMovieDB for images otherwise you end up with the runtime with no 'min' after it and ridiculously long genre info.
"ridiculously long genre info" was fixed in API 2.1. We could easily append min to the runtime ..
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Can't spot any real errors in that log. In case fanart is missing, there's none. Please check the tmdb forums in case fanart is there (on the website) but missing in the api results.
vdrfan Wrote:"ridiculously long genre info" was fixed in API 2.1. We could easily append min to the runtime ..
When did that start because this is what I got for Inglorious Basterds last week -

<genre>Drama Film / Action Film / Historical Film / War Film / Comedy Film / Dark Comedy Film / Guy Movie / Mature / Violence / Cult Movie / Class / Hommage</genre>

You really need to drop 'film' from the genres in my opinion as it takes up valuable space and is not even necessary as it's a Movie database.
Seems as if you're using the wrong scraper (version). That's what themoviedb returns http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.getI...0ea9/16869
Strange, I removed it from the library, rescanned and it's fine now.

About adding 'mins' to the runtime, I personally think it makes sense to do this.
Glad to hear. What about doing it in the skin like: append translated minute string if value is alphanumeric only? Note, this is not yet possible (afaik).
Yeah, I'll probably use two visible conditions for Alaska to check the duration string for 'mins' and add if it's not present. Thanks.
vdrfan Wrote:Can't spot any real errors in that log. In case fanart is missing, there's none. Please check the tmdb forums in case fanart is there (on the website) but missing in the api results.
I installed 9.04.1 on another machine and it had no problem pulling thumbs and fanart from the movies I listed. I wiped out 9.04.1 and installed 9.11-b1 and it couldn't pull thumbs from those same films. Whatever the problem is, it is definitely on the software end, and is specific to 9.11-b1.
I have a shared directory which i use with 9.04 also and it works 100% there, i made sure it finds everything by adding moviename.nfo files.

But now with 9.11 i have issues. It scrapes the movie information but no fanart or covers.
Examples: Fightning, The Hangover, Crossing over, Bruno.

vdrfan, please send me a PM if you need anything Wink, U already have access to the source so you can try it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB scraper artwork issues in 9.11-b10