-Movies
--Movie Folder
---Movie.avi

and It works fabulous with XBMC, but for TV Shows I have it setup as:

-TV Shows
--TV Show Name
---Season 1
----Epsidoes.avi

and XBMC doesn't read it as it would a movie, and I'm just wondering how i should set up my folders for everything to work correctly.

Also should my music start with?

-Artist
--Album Name

or

-Album Name
--Songs

?

Thanks for your help!
The way you have things is fine. Don't guess at why things might be going wrong: Check the debug log during a scan.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok, I'll be sure to do that in the morning, thanks for the info. Is the log easy to read? If it is, I'm sure I can figure this out my self.

What about the way I should set up my music folders?
episodes.avi needs to contain some reference to episode number, something "1x1 - my dummy tv show.avi" (seasonXepisode - .....)

Music can be set up how you want, as long as the files are tagged properly
Easiest way I found to start off is to do as blittan says and add the episode number in the 1x01 or 1x1 format, I also had issues if there were numbers anywhere else in the filename but I think that may have been something with my setup. Just to make you aware.
the best string to indicate what season and ep a tv show is:

.s01e01.

so this would be blah.s01e01.blah.avi

this is the easiest method to extract 100% reliably as it is very unliely to be anyhting else and also has a fixed overall length.

The format of 1x1 and 1x01 are inferior as there are scenarios where the string can turn up as something else.

Its a close call but if your starting a new then pick the best.

Also a natural extension of this is

.s01e01p01.

for multipart eps
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Folder setup for TV Shows?0