Revo 3610 & XBMC poor dvd rip playback
Currently using the Revo 3610 with latest unstable xbmc build and confluence skin. My dvd iso's look faded not crisp with good colours like when in the actual dvd player. Wife is really on my back about this saying why id wanna use this when the dvd player looks so much better. Anyone have any idea ive tried everything. I have Hdmi going into the tv also 46 samsung 1080p
Btw using Windows 7 w/nvidia ion
Hi Moviebuff,

Can you try playing something in another media player application for comparison, quite often these problems turn out to be with the graphics cards settings (colourspace etc) and not XBMC itself.
Definitely a color issue. Theres are some posts about setting brightness and contrast to acheive a "studio" or "limited" RGB-like profile.

Also, make sure the TV settings aren't set differently either. I know with my TV, I can set color and brightness and picture settings independently for each input.

Nvidia should have a pixel format setting in their control panel you can mess with too.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
thanx lemme double check my settings in the nvidia panel. I tried using VLC media player and same colour issues. Looks bland not bright adn vibrant like the dvd player ill do a lil more fooling around with it and see if I can improve and get the wife off my back

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revo 3610 & XBMC poor dvd rip playback0