Getting started
Hi I am just getting started on XBMC (was using MeediOS) and am having trouble finding the information that I need.

I only want to use this for two things TV Shows and Movies.

I have managed to get my files to show in Videos (with no scraping, but does seem to grab a random screen shot from the file) but can not see them in Movies on the main menu.. I also have know idea how to import my TV shows in to the TV Shows section on the main menu.

I have had a look at the wiki and there seems to be how to import from an xml file but i do not have this.

I am set up like the following

C:\Movies\Movie1.avi
C:\Movies\Movie2.avi
C:\Movies\Movie3.avi
C:\Movies\Movie4 Part 1.avi
C:\Movies\Movie4 Part 2.avi

C:\TVShows\Series 1\Season 1\Seriesname S01E01.avi
C:\TVShows\Series 1\Season 1\Seriesname S01E02.avi
C:\TVShows\Series 2\Season 1\Seriesname S01E01E02.avi
C:\TVShows\Series 1\Season 1\Seriesname S01E03.avi

I imaging this info is on here somewhere but I have been looking for a few hours now, and would like a bit of a pointer in the right direction.. I think I just need to work out what XBMC calls things so that I can find relevant information..
You need to Set Content on your folders...
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:You need to Set Content on your folders...

I managed to get TV shows working but not Movies.. can i do them both in videos?

also my tv shows span 2 drives and i can not get the second lot to show up in tv shows
sorry should have asked,. is videos going to show all files? e.g. tv1, tv2 and movies.. and then that is displayed in its appropriate location (tv/movies)
Set content on the movies folder then scan. That's all you need to do.

You can access your movies from RIGHT on the Videos item on home screen (or by switching to Library mode from videos using the menu on the left)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Set content on the movies folder then scan. That's all you need to do.

You can access your movies from RIGHT on the Videos item on home screen (or by switching to Library mode from videos using the menu on the left)

Thanks for all you time and help . I just did it a few times and got it going..

One last question if I can, is there a way to change files that were scraped wrong? i.e in TV Shows "Merlin" shows as "Mr Merlin" but I can not workout where to change it, if I bring up the menu I can change the name but that will not scrape it right, just change the name from Mr Merlin to Merlin but leave all the wrong info like banners and such.

I also imagine that there will be the something in movies, that will require the samething..
TV Show information (from context menu, or hit I) then Refresh. You'll be able to choose the show you want.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:TV Show information (from context menu, or hit I) then Refresh. You'll be able to choose the show you want.

Thanks, it's a bit misleading i thought refresh was going to update the show if there were new episodes..

this program is so easy compared to MeediOS.. I have wasted months trying to get that program to work correctly, and with a little help I am up and running in 2 days!

thanks again for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting started0