• 2(current)
XBMCLive 9.11 Beta1 released
I've tried 9.11b1 Live -- looks like "portable" usb disk mode are gone.
Quote:The old installer is discontinued and Live USB disks will have to be created using unetbootin - or similar.
l.capriotti Wrote:yes, be caution when selecting which partition to format and where to place the grub bootstrap.
Thanks for your quick replies but for a linux noob like there's a little to less information.

I did an install to HDD with the XBMCLive 09.04, now I'm upgrading to 09.11.
In the partitioning tool: what choices should I make ? And what is LMV ?

Sorry for so many questions but I think this will be helpful to other users aswell.
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
I just installed beta1 and so far so good.

The first thing I did was exit to console and try to install transmission-daemon as I have done with Live Alpha 1 and 2.

However, when executing "sudo apt-get install transmission-daemon"

I now get:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package transmission-daemon

Just in case there was some obvious problem I tried to install a different app - Wine but I get the same problem.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Congratulations!

You fixed the network problems with windows 7 shares. Also my XBMC booted into the command prompt 9 out of 10 times its fixed now. This is a very useful beta, good job!

As always I have no network connection after boot or reboot only if I restart XBMC, but that's always there.
Case: Ahanix MCE301 Mainboard: M3N78-VM :CPU X2 4200 MHz SSD: 2x OCZ agility 30G Ram: 2G Remote: MS MCE. MSI Geforece 210 & Asrock 330 ION.
I just aptitude update, aptitude upgrade and my live computer now has no network Sad BOO!!!!!! what the heck am I supposed to do now?

edit: So I burned a disk with xbmc live. it ran me through the entire ubuntu setup, formatting my data. I liked the easy install that was included with A2. much more clean.
Use mythicalLibrarian to make a library out of your MythTV files. Leave the recording to MythTV and use XBMC as your library.
Installation and Instructions:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythicalLibrarian
Technical Support:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?tid=1081892][/url]
outleradam Wrote:I just aptitude update, aptitude upgrade and my live computer now has no network Sad BOO!!!!!! what the heck am I supposed to do now?

edit: So I burned a disk with xbmc live. it ran me through the entire ubuntu setup, formatting my data. I liked the easy install that was included with A2. much more clean.

I'm thinking of backing up my install with clonzilla, and reloading from scratch with this, but I had a few questions first.

1.) What benefits does Karmic offer over Jaunty? I see on other sites that it boots quicker, but how much faster (anyone currently using tell me how fast it is?)

2.) Does True HD finally work? as all my receiver is showing is DTS/ or AC3 audio for movies that have trueHD sound, yet the light doesn't come on (using HDMI for audio transmission.

3.)can I backup my userdata folder, and then copy it back into the new install, and have everything back as it was, or should i re-scan from fresh?
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Ok...
SMB is not recognizing network connections that it used to on Beta1.
it crashes when you pause streaming lastfm, then reset the modem, then restart the lastfm stream.
UPnP recognizes 1/2 of my servers logging level needs increased.
Use mythicalLibrarian to make a library out of your MythTV files. Leave the recording to MythTV and use XBMC as your library.
Installation and Instructions:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythicalLibrarian
Technical Support:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?tid=1081892][/url]
Icey Wrote:I just installed beta1 and so far so good.

The first thing I did was exit to console and try to install transmission-daemon as I have done with Live Alpha 1 and 2.

However, when executing "sudo apt-get install transmission-daemon"

I now get:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package transmission-daemon

Just in case there was some obvious problem I tried to install a different app - Wine but I get the same problem.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
See the #7 and #9 post in this thread (page 1) Wink
nanny07 Wrote:See the #7 and #9 post in this thread (page 1) Wink

Aha, I'm not going mad... just blind. Confused
Thanks!
Hello !
I'm trying this new beta and I would say this is awesome, thanks for the great stuff! Smile
I have a question :
In the theme options, I can't activate series panel.
Is it normal ?

And it can't keep automatic scan for movies.
Beta is working fine here (same as Alpha 2) - BUT I can't get Auto-refresh to work

stays fixed on 60hz all the time

Nvidia 9400 graphics card - running in VPAU mode - any idea please ?
Buckster Wrote:Beta is working fine here (same as Alpha 2) - BUT I can't get Auto-refresh to work

stays fixed on 60hz all the time

Nvidia 9400 graphics card - running in VPAU mode - any idea please ?

Make sure you have got both these lines in the "Section Screen" part of your xorg.conf file.

Option "DynamicTwinView" "False"
Option "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"
Kazuya FR Wrote:Hello !
I'm trying this new beta and I would say this is awesome, thanks for the great stuff! Smile
I have a question :
In the theme options, I can't activate series panel.
Is it normal ?

And it can't keep automatic scan for movies.

Ok, it's working now. It was my mistake.
(my serie folder name was bad)

Everything work, thanks !!!! Great ! Nod

I have a little request for movies :
Could you implement a hotkey to set this option info panel on fanart view ?

Or maybe it already exists, but I didn't find it.
l.capriotti

Very nice! With a complete installer there is almost no reason to do a manual setup anymore.

I still tested the xbmcbuntu setup. The autostart does not work. I downgraded grub and I created the xbmc user during installation since the user handling have changed. The xbmc-live installation run without error. Still it does not work.

Anything else that changed since alpha2? (xbmcbuntu worked fine with a2 and legacy grub)
Suggestion.
I think it would be a good idea to create an expert mode entry in the installation grub menu.
I am guessing it is possible to access expert mode by adding the switch with the 'e' function? It would still be added value to have an entry in the menu.

The reason is that is sometimes necessary to install grub to another disk than the first.
(I might be mistaken, but I think it is always installed to HD0 independent of where you put /?)
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLive 9.11 Beta1 released0