• 4(current)
XBMCLive 9.11 Beta1 released
Quote:mall update: third install and remote doesn't work. Install went fine

But did it worked with the fixed ip?
tried a new install, got back in the menu and selected network - all it did was autodetect dhcp. I'll do it manually for now.

About the remote: spent the last 30 minutes thinking of some incredible excuse that made me look like a real expert but couldn't find one, so I'll stick with honosty. Read on for a laugh.....

I have a harmony remote, and when I messed up the fixed ip at boot the screen flickered like a maniac. I turned the tv off to avoid damage, but wanted to see if the device would boot anyhow - which it didn't.

It never occured to me to switch the remote back to XBMC, so I've been sending tv commands the whole morning OoOoRolleyes Switched back to XBMC and works perfectly Big Grin Now I'll use putty to fix the ip and move on.

vikjon0 Wrote:But did it worked with the fixed ip?
everything is working great so far on asrock ION HT

Thanks a lot
Anyone can try to switch audio track in a movie? Because when I do that the movie is also fastforward for 2sec
Quote:tried a new install, got back in the menu and selected network - all it did was autodetect dhcp. I'll do it manually for now.

Ok, good to know.

I am pretty sure that it will work with priority=low, I tested up to I was asked for an IP.
ymax Wrote:I've got an ATI HD3600 and tried to run live version. I chose ATI/AMD at first screen, then XBMC started loading (screen with animated ..hmm.. flower (or smth similar) appeared) after some time the screen went black and that's all. Nothing showed up. Sad
Any suggestions?

Had the same problem, but I run on a Nvidia GPU.
Had to change to my old xorg.conf before i could get any picture.
vikjon0 Wrote:- you can keep you media on a separate partition and install a new live without overwrite
- you can have /home on a separate partition and keep you settings when upgrading

This make a lot of sense... are there any instructions on how to do this correctly?

Also another silly question perhaps but how can I add my DVD-Drive as a source for Videos? I don't see the drive as an option when I browse to add source.

If I put a DVD with multiple video files into the drive XBMC will autoplay the first file, or I can hit the play button in the bottom right hand corner... but I can't seem to be able to access the DVD like I would a folder.

Thanks!
Quote:This make a lot of sense... are there any instructions on how to do this correctly?
I am sure it will come, we are still on beta. To keep home you just select manual partitioning and mount home to the old home without formating it.
To answer my own question..

It is only possible to select where to install the boot loader when the system detects other pre-existing operatings systems on the disk. When asked if it should be installed select no and then enter /dev/sdX.

Not what I wanted but I guess it will do.

Quote:Ok, I spoke too early. This version of debian installer installs the boot thingie directly to HD0 without asking. In the version on Ubuntu 9.10 there is two more steps after you select to install grub. First you select grub2 or legacy and then where to write the boot sector.

Luckily I tried it in vmware.

Anyone knows if this is the version of the installer or a setting?
i did a fresh install to harddisk with the live CD of 9.11 beta 1. I'm looking for the xorg.conf file, but i can't find it? i thought it was located at etc/x11/xorg.conf?
i need it in order to get auto refeshrate changer working....
I have a question, but maybe it's not the good topic for it.

Why XBMC team don't work with MPC-HC to make an ultimate frontend ?
And foobar for the music ?

All is open source, it would be the best of the best. :p
Kazuya FR Wrote:I have a question, but maybe it's not the good topic for it.

Why XBMC team don't work with MPC-HC to make an ultimate frontend ?
And foobar for the music ?

All is open source, it would be the best of the best. :p

A bit OT, but what does MPC-HC have the XBMC doesn't?
Any body else not getting the internal dvd-drives detected??
Everything ! Smile
Perfect smoothness with EVR Custom and reclock, perfect color accuracy with gamut correction shader (EBU/Smpte-C...) and good matrix color (rec709 or 601), wonderfull sharpness (with ffdshow and Avysinth plugin), automatic mapping with Seb levels to always get the best black and white, PCM support for the sound (maybe bitstream soon), equalizer for every chanel with 10 differents bands by channel (with AC3filter) and many more... Smile
biggles Wrote:A bit OT, but what does MPC-HC have the XBMC doesn't?

kazuya has a point here, but as this is the linux forum, any discussion regarding MPC-HC as the player and XBMC as the frontend belongs to the windows boards
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLive 9.11 Beta1 released0