• 9(current)
[RELEASE] Alaska (pre-Dharma)
Anyone?

Just stumbled this thread

Will Alaska work with the latest build linked too on there Huh
Not unless you make the changes needed yourself but Alaska Revisited will work with the very latest builds (and in fact needs them to use all the newer functions).
Ok cheers Hitcher. I assume those changes are way above me so will have a look at Revisited.

Cheers

Chub
Alaska will work with the latest SVN release, if you make your own addon.xml file.

A couple of the settings don't map as they did before but if you play around with it, you can use the Default home style and the Icon home style.

If I get ambitious, I might try to start updating the skin to be merge compatable.
Havent a clue how to do that unfortunately....so will have to wait till someone does Rolleyes

Revisited is great but I like the ability to be able to remove certain items from Home 1 view, which I believe you cannot do with revisited
Hitcher Wrote:Not unless you make the changes needed yourself but Alaska Revisited will work with the very latest builds (and in fact needs them to use all the newer functions).

so the "normal" Alaska will not get updated to compatible with new builds? And Revisited still won't support unicode? Sad
Chubster Wrote:Havent a clue how to do that unfortunately....so will have to wait till someone does Rolleyes

Revisited is great but I like the ability to be able to remove certain items from Home 1 view, which I believe you cannot do with revisited
mcborzu talked about it in a couple places, but here goes.

You need to rename the Alaska folder to 'skin.Alaska' and then drop it into the addons folder in your user files. ("~/.xbmc" if you're on Linux) You also need to create a file called 'addon.xml' in the skin.Alaska folder. The contents should be:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon
id="skin.alaska"
version="Final"
name="alaska"
provider-name="Hitcher">

nekrosoft13 Wrote:so the "normal" Alaska will not get updated to compatible with new builds? And Revisited still won't support unicode? Sad
It's not updated, but it is usable. Some of the settings menus are wonky and don't work correctly, but you can definitely push it into a usable form.
@that_guy

is there a way to transfer unicode fonts from normal alaska to revisited alaska
Hi there, can anyone tell me how i get the home menu like in this video? http://www.youtube.com/user/HitcherUK

Sorry for this dumb question.
nekrosoft13 Wrote:@that_guy

is there a way to transfer unicode fonts from normal alaska to revisited alaska
Yes, by using a font editor.
butchabay Wrote:Hi there, can anyone tell me how i get the home menu like in this video? http://www.youtube.com/user/HitcherUK

Sorry for this dumb question.
The clue's in the title 'Alaska Revisited'.

'Alaska Revisited' - Release Thread
Hitcher Wrote:Yes, by using a font editor.

The clue's in the title 'Alaska Revisited'.

'Alaska Revisited' - Release Thread

So no possibility to launch this skin with Camelot?
Not really, I've been using lots of new skinning code as it's only intended for Dharma.
So this may be a stupid question, But i noticed in the video that your home screen seemed to pull fanart and whatnot as the image for "Movies" and "TV Shows". I just now downloaded Alaska Revisited and am quite unfamiliar with it. My "movies" section still has the auditorium image. Is there a way I can select what Image shows there?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Alaska (pre-Dharma)2