• 1(current)
[RELEASE] Alaska (pre-Dharma)
Thumbs Up 
This is the final PRE-DHRAMA (10.5) version (Recommended 27527).

You'll have to delete any older Alaska folder first as there's many changes and you'll no longer need to download any extras (apart from the Home Style 2 icons - see note below) as they're all included.

----------------------------------------------------

GoogleCode SVN Checkout

GoogleCode RAR Download

Multi-image folders (games, movies, music, pictures, settings, tvshows, videos and weather) can be extracted any where you like and then linked to using the 'Artwork' settings.

Videos here

Images here

Note: The readme from the 'homeicons' folder -

To use the original style icons download the Amora set from - http://iconfactory.com/freeware/preview/amra

Pick the ones you want to use, then rename and replace the default ones.

Custom Icons can be found here - http://www.mediafire.com/?mtzhylmokhx
thanks, looking forward to use it on my appleTV!
Does an up-to-date build mean newer than 9.11?
Thank you very much for your hard work, really looking forward to using it. Big Grin
lunddal Wrote:Does an up-to-date build mean newer than 9.11?
Yes, JMarshall has added lots of things to the skin engine that I requested.
Looks just as stunning as anticipated, great job with the "panel" view.

Thanks, really!!
OK, trying it out on the latest build - great so far Smile
Any reason Alaska isn't on the XBMC homepage skins/download page? Just curious, seems like this skin shouldn't get overlooked by new users that don't venture into the forums.

BTW 5 minutes playing with the skin, looks and feels great!!!
mcborzu Wrote:Any reason Alaska isn't on the XBMC homepage skins/download page? Just curious, seems like this skin shouldn't get overlooked by new users that don't venture into the forums.

BTW 5 minutes playing with the skin, looks and feels great!!!
That'll be the next step, hence the reason I've removed the Home Icons.
Thanks Hitcher for this release, will start testing it directly
thanks for the new release, looks great apart from the info screens when playing videos. I preferred the old video info screen a lot more. They were nice and clean but just seems like too much on the screen with the new info screen on top and bottom. Hopefully you have an option to choose between the old and new info screens in future builds?

Sorry to be giving out!

by video info screen i mean this:
http://www.voordemens.nl/alaska/06.jpg
Can't wait to test later, thank you for the update!
I love my Mac Mini :;):
I thought the info OSD looked strange at first up top, but then I realized why it needed to go there and it makes sense. I've gotten used to it now though after playing around a bit and think it looks great, just give it a chance. The whole skin feels very polished now, appreciate the hard work.
DuMbGuM Wrote:I thought the info OSD looked strange at first up top, but then I realized why it needed to go there and it makes sense. I've gotten used to it now though after playing around a bit and think it looks great, just give it a chance. The whole skin feels very polished now, appreciate the hard work.
Thanks.
Thanks Hitcher for all this work you've done, this is easily the best skin about. I've been playing around now for an hour now, I don't know if you want any feedback or if you're done with the skin but what the hell, I'll throw some things out there.

I love finally having files view with big posters, is there a reason for not using the rounded corners/glossy effect like posters view or just a design choice? Also when browsing episodes in files view the plot is no longer shown, definitely something I miss.

Only other thing I can think of is the OSD during video/music, I'm surprised you changed it , thought it was perfect before when it was at the bottom and the poster/screenshot slid in from the side. Even loved the big paused. Afraid I'm not a fan of the new one, I would guess I'll not be the only person to mention it.

Anyway, great job all round, the iplayer stuff added at the home screen is brilliant. You got any projects lined up for after Alaska?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Alaska (pre-Dharma)2