• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Alaska (pre-Dharma)
Was just wondering why change the insanely nice Now Playing... ? Loved the way it looked before.
Otherwise really nice work! Thank you.
Hitcher, can i make a new folder named NewAlaska and have the new skin copied there? So i can have both: new and old working skins on the same xbmc instance?

thanks
Thanks you Hitcher for this new release. When i'm home will install this as soon as possible. Alaska is still one of my favorite skins. Thank you for all your hard work for this community.
Great work as always Hitcher.

One question, when will trailer support be available?
Thanks for the release for all who contributed. It's a perfect skin, stylish and elegant... instant favourite.

Thanks. Smile
biljard Wrote:Great work as always Hitcher.

One question, when will trailer support be available?
It's already supported.

Look for the trailer icon on your posters and simply press down.

Oh, about the iPlayer submenu items - I forgot to remove them from my build.

To add your own simply check out the Includes_HomeCustomButtons.xml file. I'll post more details later.
Hitcher Wrote:It's already supported.

Look for the trailer icon on your posters and simply press down.

Heh, I was just about to ask what the film icon in the posters lower left quadrant meant.....lol
Hitch you have done a fantastic job.. its just superb... brilliant... Smile
Stunning work as usual Hitcher.
Love it so far well done.
Wow Hitcher, what a massive update. I superbly love everything about it, especially the new panel view which is everything i ever wanted Wink
I have officially moved from AeonPhil65 to Alaska!

One thing though, i'm running this on the 9.11, not a bleeding edge release. Could you elaborate what the benefits are for upgrading?
Simply amazing work Hitcher. The panel view is everything I had hoped for and more, and the extra polish around many parts of the skin (profiles in particular) is appreciated. This skin is hands down my default skin.
Been playing with the new skin for a while, here are my feelings so far:

- Trailer support, yay!

- The new info OSD while playing a video is nice

- I like the new scrolling "Now playing" box, nice and compact, the way it should be

- Panel view is great

- Default font looks better with accented characters

- I positively *hate* the new layout for Settings... The tiny bold all-caps font makes it hard to read at a distance, plenty of wasted screen space with that box, the navigation is confusing, and we don't get to see all sub-sections at once like we used to. The old layout was so nice, simple and readable, yet elegant... Oh well, I can live with it, but I'll definitively miss the old layout.

That's my only gripe so far. Pretty impressive job overall, this is by far the best skin out there.
ODROID C2 eMMC 16GB | LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2 + fTV | Logitech Harmony Elite remote | LG 55EG910V
I love this version, great job Hitcher. I actually like the new settings design even though I didn't test it on a TV.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Alaska (pre-Dharma)2