• 6(current)
XBMC on Acer Revo 3610 & Windows 7
I'm still waiting for Subtitle support as well so I can run in on my Revo, great work so far, but I watch a lot of foreign films and need the subs.
athloni Wrote:Tip: Buy a Crystal HD card for € 15 on eBay and put it in your Revo 3610.
That's the only thing you need to do for hardware accelerated video and you still have the possibility to use subtitlles!

Did you actually test it your self on the revo ?
There is also new BCM70015
I haven't cracked open my 3610 yet and was wondering if I purchase a Crystal HD mini PCI-E card, is there an expansion mini PCI-E slot or is there only one and it is being occupied by the Atheros WiFi?
Yes, you would have to remove the WiFi card
athloni Wrote:Tip: Buy a Crystal HD card for € 15 on eBay and put it in your Revo 3610.
That's the only thing you need to do for hardware accelerated video and you still have the possibility to use subtitlles!

So you just install it and that's it, the current stable version of XBMC can play HD files internally? Nothing else to do?
I ordered my card... feedback in 2 weeks Smile
joebanana Wrote:I ordered my card... feedback in 2 weeks Smile

Nice...keep us informed
joebanana Wrote:So you just install it and that's it, the current stable version of XBMC can play HD files internally? Nothing else to do?

Put the card in and restart the PC. Windows autodetects the card and prompts for drivers. Cancel the driver installation. Download the drivers from Broadcom and run the setup. Your Crystal HD should now appear in Device manager under Sound, Video and Game controllers. Download and install a recent OpenGL build and that's it.

Note that you need .Net installed for the driver install to work. I don't know which version because I installed the lot.

JR
Got my Revo 3610 last friday from Ebay, shipped from Taiwan, #1 service and I must say I love this little thing so far. I've been playing with it all week-end and it's set up quite nicely.

Running XBMC with alaska skin on Win 7 ultimate 64bits and it looks amazing.

Now I'm just waiting on my bluetooth usb dongle to set up my PS3 BD remote and my crystal hd card (both ordered from ebay).
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

How come I can't find a Crystal on ebay? got a link?
ah.. searching for broadcom crystal hd doesn't return results but broadcom hd does..
jhsrennie Wrote:Put the card in and restart the PC. Windows autodetects the card and prompts for drivers. Cancel the driver installation. Download the drivers from Broadcom and run the setup. Your Crystal HD should now appear in Device manager under Sound, Video and Game controllers. Download and install a recent OpenGL build and that's it.

Note that you need .Net installed for the driver install to work. I don't know which version because I installed the lot.

JR

Wow this little thing is amazing! It works like a charm!
Do you get flawless 1080p playback?
gswarriorfan Wrote:Do you get flawless 1080p playback?

I do :-)

There were initial reports of difficulties with a few videos depending on how they were encoded. I don't know the current status.

JR
gribbler Wrote:How come I can't find a Crystal on ebay? got a link?

No need for Crystal HD anymore!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69306
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Acer Revo 3610 & Windows 70