Has anyone tried to have stock quotes on xbmc ?
hello,

i am sure it is possible with xml, but not being an xml programmer, i wondered if anyone has attempted to get stock quotes on a page in much the same way as the weather in xbmc. that weather link works perfectly, and my wife has taken to checking it daily (thus partially justifying my purchase of a modded xbox :-). i would like to grab quotes from finance.yahoo.com, although from any site would be fine since they themselves all grab them from the same source.

i would prefer not as an rss feed, but in the same manner as the weather page, with a refresh button to get the latest quotes. has anyone attempted this? if not, i will teach myself some xml coding and figure it out for myself, but if someone has already done this, i would appreciate some tips.

thanks,
r. :evil:
guess the best way would be to write a python script (if there isn't any already).

moving to python.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has anyone tried to have stock quotes on xbmc ?0