[UPDATE] Banner support
Hitcher Wrote:You have to have scanned your TV Shows to the Library and then, assuming you're in File View, press left to access the options to change the Viewtype.

Understand all that. My shows are showing up under the TV Shows menu so from what I know, they have been scanned to the library. I have the Viewtype set to "File". I have the banner on the left with the text name of the show on the right, with catetory on top of the name and stars on the bottom.

What am I missing hereHuh
tetsuo2es Wrote:Ok!fixed.... i have download from the mediafire folder instead of the GIT, looks like is not updated¿?....strange, sure is my fault XD

It's been on git and working since the other day, you're probably doing something wrong.
jondr13 Wrote:Understand all that. My shows are showing up under the TV Shows menu so from what I know, they have been scanned to the library. I have the Viewtype set to "File". I have the banner on the left with the text name of the show on the right, with catetory on top of the name and stars on the bottom.

What am I missing hereHuh
You haven't changed the Viewtype from 'File' to 'Banner' - it's a new view not a changed one.
Hitcher Wrote:You haven't changed the Viewtype from 'File' to 'Banner' - it's a new view not a changed one.

Hmmm... Its a new view under the tv show library? Thats strange because I dont see "Banner" as a view type after I go to to TV Shows.
Try downloading it again.
Hitcher Wrote:Try downloading it again.

Yep, just did and still the same thing. This is driving me CRAZY!!! HAH.

The only view types that I have are Files, Poster, Landscape, and Square. I always download the updates from the github site....does that have anything to do with itHuh

Since Im seeing everything under the TV Shows menu, Im guessing Im in the "library". But shouldt I see the "banner" viewtype regardlessHuh
No, Banner is only set to show when you're in TV Shows only.

Others have had trouble with Git so you could try the MediaFire link.
THAT WAS IT!! Now its working. I have never had problems taking advantage of a new thing with using github......strange.

Thanks again for your help and patience.
No problem, glad you like it. In fact, I like it so much I've changed back to using Banners, lol.
Hi Hitcher, the Banners-view looks great.

I noticed only one thing; if you have 'Show parent folder items' enabled, the banner for the parent folder looks stretched. It is probably the poster format image stretched to banner format.
EDIT: I've set Banner view to keep the aspect ratio so it wont be stretched.
Banner view looks very nice, is there a way to have both posters and banners in a folder for a TV show and the view to determine which is used?
ie have a poster.jpg and a banner.jpg inside the folder.

At the moment I have set my shows up with folder.jpg which is the poster and if I wanted to try out banner view, would I have to replace them with banners instead?
Avigrace Wrote:Banner view looks very nice, is there a way to have both posters and banners in a folder for a TV show and the view to determine which is used?
ie have a poster.jpg and a banner.jpg inside the folder.

That could only be done if the xbmc engine is modified and currently is not possible within a skin automatically.
Avigrace Wrote:At the moment I have set my shows up with folder.jpg which is the poster and if I wanted to try out banner view, would I have to replace them with banners instead?

I wonder this as well. I switch between Aeon and Alaska quite frequently, so it would be nice if Alaska showed banners, while Aeon showed Posters without having to reconfigure the whole database.

OR! Implement a banner view for TV shows in Aeon65 as well Smile
Are HD channel flags not supported yet? I made the .nfo's using some tags like 'HBO_hd' but it displays the 'HBO' flag, no biggie though, the view looks great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[UPDATE] Banner support0