Camelot Beta-1 install problems [LIVE]
I did succeed in installing the new Camelot Beta-1 Live but I noticed the install process had changed significantly from the alpha versions and seem to assume a working knowledge of Linux which I do not have.

The first problem occurred when it asked to change the master boot record. I am installing to a USB flash drive from a different computer so I don't want the one I am using to have it's master boot record changed. By not allowing that it bounced me out of the install "wizard". I played it by ear from there on and got it to install but it reported a lot of errors during boot when I took it to the computer (Acer Revo) I want to use it on.

Is there a step by step install guide for the new Live install process?

Thanks.
should this have not been posted in the linux/live section?
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Evanrich Wrote:should this have not been posted in the linux/live section?

No problem, it is moved.

I now have seamless install from CD-ROM from external BR-ROM using Camelot Beta-2 to Acer Revo NVidia graphics $199 (Best Buy and Newegg) nettop using entire disk option. Hooked up network prior to install so all install networking functions could perform without hiccups.

No stuttering streaming BR Rips (MakeMKV) with 1GB RAM over network, snappy new skin with many more options than old default skin. Prior to install I took the original Revo hard drive out, put it in a safe place, and installed a 320GB HD.

Microsoft MCE remote worked out of the box and adds functionality I never had with original Xbox remote.

Can it get any better?

Thanks Team XBMC!
Quote:all but it reported a lot of errors during boot when I took it to the computer (Acer Revo) I want to use it on.

I dont think you can do it that way, that will create a full non live installation on the USB that is not movable to another hardware (?). What you want is a liveCD => USB? To do that you need to follow the guide.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62488

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Camelot Beta-1 install problems [LIVE]0