Fanart not caching in beta 1
Im having an issue with the thumbnails and fanart and movie covers. XBMC doesnt seem to be caching any of it. When I go to the movies list the move covers are blank and then they will slowly appear. If I scroll on, and then back..they are gone again and I have to wait for them to reapper, its the same with fanart and also TV show pictures. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Please, see the stickied thread about reporting problems in a useful way. Smile
Sorry about that, I hope this is bettr

Ok here goes Big Grin

1. XBMC 9.11 Version Beta 1
2. Windows XP SP3
3 32 bit Celeron 2.79 ghz
4. 1 gig of ram
5. Intel 82945G Express
6. Realtek
7. None
8. XBMC 9.11 Beta1
9. Im having an issue with the thumbnails and fanart and movie covers. XBMC doesnt seem to be caching any of it. When I go to the movies list the move covers are blank and then they will slowly appear. If I scroll on, and then back..they are gone again and I have to wait for them to reapper, its the same with fanart and also TV show pictures. Can anyone help?
10. FULL Debug Log http://pastebin.com/m4a1152d8
I am having the same issue, thought it was just me! thought it was just being slow, didn't know about caching or anything..
Same here.
Same here.

1. XBMC 9.11 Version Beta 1 (Mac OS X)
2. Mac OS 10.6.2 Snow Leopard
3. 64 bit Intel 2.0 GHz
4. 4 GB of ram
5. 9400M 256 MB VRAM

Returning to previous version XBMC Alpha 2 fixed the issue.
- Blackstar
BlackstarBSP Wrote:Same here.

1. XBMC 9.11 Version Beta 1 (Mac OS X)
2. Mac OS 10.6.2 Snow Leopard
3. 64 bit Intel 2.0 GHz
4. 4 GB of ram
5. 9400M 256 MB VRAM

Returning to previous version XBMC Alpha 2 fixed the issue.

I thought it was just my Revo wasnt powerful enough but switching back to Alpha 2 does fix this issue.
Please open a ticket for this case.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Since no one was jumping on this, and I have the problem too, I've created a ticket.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7941
What happens if you switch to PM3 Skin ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
I'm using pm3 and have the same problems.
officeboy Wrote:Since no one was jumping on this, and I have the problem too, I've created a ticket.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7941
Thanks for doing that Big Grin
Can anyone post their CPU usage while thumbs are loading?
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7941#comment
Well in Beta 1 my CPU usage is permanently at 100%.

In Alpha it hovers around 80ish and goes to 100 while its loading the thumbnails, the last to load is the fan art, once that has loaded it goes back down to 80. In the alpha this happens fairly quickly (seconda), in the beta it takes a lot longer (Over a minute).
I am actually having the same issue but I am also getting another symptom. When I add a new movie it takes forever to find new fanart and posters for it, if it finds them at all. I am at work at the moment so I can't check the CPU usage but I will try and check tonight.

XBMC: 9.11 Beta1
CPU: Intel E5200
M/B: Gigabyte - GA-EP31-DS3L
Mem: 2Gig DDR2 PC6400
GFX: Asus RADEON 4350, 512MB

EDIT: Stuff it, I set it up at work with a few video files. The CPU occasionally got up to 10% while updating the database and download new movie details. Then when I go to see which movies were added, only 4 out of the 8 are there and most don't have any fanart or posters. If I then goto the "Movie Information" option and hover the cursor over "Get Fanart" the fanart is there.

Work PC Specs:
XBMC: 9.11 Beta1
CPU: Intel i7 920
M/B: Asus P6T
Mem: 2Gig DDR3
GFX: Nvidia GeForce 9800GT 1Gig

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart not caching in beta 10