Fanart not caching in beta 1
jmarshall Wrote:If you add <sleepbeforeflip>0.85</sleepbeforeflip> to your windows XP single-core computer advancedsettings.xml file, then you don't need to mess with thread priorities.

That only works for the DX build, not for OpenGL.
Mirt Wrote:That works only for the DX build, not for OpenGL.

Also in DX builds this doens't work for intel graphycs.
will changing the thread priority screw up video play back like the sleepbeforeflip setting does?
persichini Wrote:will changing the thread priority screw up video play back like the sleepbeforeflip setting does?

In this case no, because the priorities are only messed with when an image is about to be loaded into the cache. During playback nothing should change. At least I didn't have any problems at all.

Still, this only is a quick hack and I don't know what other problems it could cause (could block other important threads during loading images). If you like, I can upload a compiled OGL binary for you to test.
Mirt Wrote:In this case no, because the priorities are only messed with when an image is about to be loaded into the cache. During playback nothing should change. At least I didn't have any problems at all.

Still, this only is a quick hack and I don't know what other problems it could cause (could block other important threads during loading images). If you like, I can upload a compiled OGL binary for you to test.

Yes please send me what you have.. would love to see how if it works.
Is it possible to only have the sleepbeforeflip option set while only browsing the GUI and not while playing back video?

Will post my full log later.
persichini Wrote:Yes please send me what you have.. would love to see how if it works.

Sure, here you go.

You may also have to have a look at this thread in case the "CRYPTO_cleanup_all_ex_data entry point" error pops up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart not caching in beta 10