Fanart not caching in beta 1
@tulwinn: That's your problem then. Run XBMC in a window and the CPU usage will drop. Please confirm.

@n1ght3y3s: Completely different problem.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok I get usage around 60% when things are sitting there, And then it spikes to 100% while thumbs are loading. In windowed mode, it's pretty much the same thing.

Yes i have an older cpu, but it's near the equivalent of an atom or similar.
I'm getting an odd reaction where when the fan art loads and you select it, it loads the wrong one (different from the thumbnail.)

That and the occasion crash shortly follows. Eek
- Blackstar
Confirmed, running it in a window helps the cpu, it idles at around 70.

Im getting an issue where Im still not getting all the thumbnails and fanart for some films but will try and renew the database and see if that fixes it.
Had this problem with the beta (using Transparency theme) Ronie suggested turning off Media Flagging, and that was about the only thing that helped. Now fanart works fine.
Im running in windowed mode but fullscreen and that has solved my main issue, thanks Smile

It seems I also have the same problem as n1ght3y3s which I didnt realise till I fixed the first problem. I think Ive narrowed the problem down to scraper though. themoviedb.org scraper is the one not getting info for all movies, if I use the imdb scraper I get covers. All the presidents men, The color of money, Dirty harry are among the movies affected for me, if I use themoviedb.org scraper for those, I get a movie description, but no fanart or cover.

[EDIT]
Ok I found the fix n1ght3y3s, go to

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/24985

and download the Zip Archive, replace the file in your system\scrapers\video\common with the one in the zip and your good to go
Thanks for that tulwinn, will give it a try tonight!

EDIT: Just tried it on the work PC and it seemed to fix it. Thanks again.
Same problem here, fanart takes about 4 secs to show up and cover loading has become very slow in the last beta. Need a log?
Oh, I'm using Linux BTW
If you're on Linux it's because of libjpeg7 which is incredibly slow compared to libjpeg6. You need to downgrade that package most likely.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Lots of extra posts in here now.... Linux issues seem to be different, plus this is a Windows Specific help request.
The scrapper issue may exist, but the primary problem is slow loading of thumbs. In my case all thumbs already exist and are found locally, with .nfo's for all the video information.
Windowed mode does seem to reduce idle/menu CPU usage a few % but for me at least there is still a significant lag for displaying thumbs while cpu usage jumps to near or 100%. This may be the cause of the problems, but it was not previously an issue.

I guess one question i have is can I install and run an Alpha release at the same time as a Beta? (maybe install one to program files/xbmcA) and have all installs use the same userdata /user/roaming/xbmc?
Turn off metadata extraction.

jmarshall Wrote:Turn off metadata extraction.

Is that "hide video flag images in media views"?

Because that didn't do a thing and I can't find any reference to metadata extraction. Huh
Settings->Video->File Lists.

the metadata extraction / flag images uses a LOT of cpu. And since XBMC does that first, it holds up the display of fanart - up to 10 seconds on my machine. Stopping flagging brings up the fanart almost immediately, even on big 800k images.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart not caching in beta 10