• 2(current)
The colors thread (show us your color themes) [Alaska only]
Inspiration from kuler webpage,Image
WJWNL Wrote:I simply changed some font names, and made some things less transparant. I also changed some textures, but I will post my complete Alaska files when I'm entirely done.

I have one question though:

Which line in the colour .xml changes the grey time, seen in this picture?

How does that XPR work exactly?
Just added new colour tags -

<color name="OSDStatusBackground"></color>
<color name="OSDStatus"></color>
<color name="OSDPlayingDuration"></color>

As for XPR Express, simply place only the textures you've changed in a folder and get XPR Express to compress them to a new textures.xml.
MaDDoGo Wrote:jbor613 in my opinion the second color seems blurried, maybe other secondary color would fit better. Or maybe less blurried.

I liked the blurry. It's supposed to be like a old-school, sepia-tone type feel.

hikaricore Wrote:I'd be interested to try out the khaki colour scheme if it's ever posted. Smile

The pictures posted are from before themes were implemented, so I had to change a bunch of stuff in the media folder, and now it doesn't work with the current build of Alaska.

However, I've modified it slightly to look like this:

I like the original version better, but that's it for now.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jzmyt5wjmmn/khaki2.xml
Trying different colours, I presonally like whilte but thinking when redecorate the lounge can match the color!! Note sure if anybody be intrested in these, if yes let me know and I will try and finish it.

Hitcher Wrote:Just added new colour tags -

<color name="OSDStatusBackground"></color>
<color name="OSDStatus"></color>
<color name="OSDPlayingDuration"></color>

As for XPR Express, simply place only the textures you've changed in a folder and get XPR Express to compress them to a new textures.xml.

I'm sorry to state this Hitcher, but I've added the new colours in my .xml file and they aren't working!
WJWNL Wrote:I've made an entirely black and white (and a little bit of grey) Alaska theme.

I can post the .xml, but I've changed some more things that aren't in the .xml color file!

I love that black. Will try it out when you post it! Can I see how it looks in homestyle 2 and poster view please?
WJWNL,

Post your mod. We want to play too =P
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
— Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Latest XBMC Live running on Zotac ION-ITX-C-U (Intel Atom N230 1.6Ghz, Nvidia ION), 2GB RAM
WJWNL Wrote:I'm sorry to state this Hitcher, but I've added the new colours in my .xml file and they aren't working!

Did you define a color like so:

<color name="OSDStatusBackground">ff15efd9</color>
jbor613 I have to tell you that same colours but a brighter background makes this theme better in my opinion. Maybe the thing I don't liked was the similarity of texts and background.
MaDDoGo Wrote:jbor613 I have to tell you that same colours but a brighter background makes this theme better in my opinion. Maybe the thing I don't liked was the similarity of texts and background.

So, brighter than the second one I posted?

I didn't really make it to be enjoyed by anyone else, frankly. I made it for my own personal tastes. Anyone is welcome to take what I've done and modify it. But I'm not going to change it Rolleyes
mcborzu Wrote:Did you define a color like so:

<color name="OSDStatusBackground">ff15efd9</color>

Yep, but didn't work.

I will post the modification this week, I'm not entirely done with it yet.

Edit (for fillidill):

Image Image
Red slate is still going strong but I found myself a little unsatisfied with the status screen.
The issue is that the alpha level of OSDStatus is affected by OSDStatusBackground.
Thus bbad0909 becomes nearly opaque when it should be fairly clear.

Solution for picky bastards like me, but that alpha down to size:

<color name="OSDStatus">55ad0909</color>

Produces a much happier result.
I want to say that the second one is perfect!!!! Maybe the problem is my English Laugh And thank you to share it because is a very good theme.
WJWNL Wrote:Yep, but didn't work.

I will post the modification this week, I'm not entirely done with it yet.

Edit (for fillidill):

Image Image
Have you updated all the XML's?
Amra Wrote:I think it is this section (from the default color xml):
Code:
<!-- List & File colours -->

<color name="ListTrackNF">FF686868</color>
    <color name="ListTitleNF">FF474747</color>
    <color name="ListTrackF">FF686868</color>
    <color name="ListTitleF">FF474747</color>
    <color name="FileTitleNF">ab474747</color>

In the image above, ListTrackF & ListTitleF are white. ListTrackNF & ListTitleNF are yellow. Obviously, I've used different numbers than what is in the default.

Hope I got that right & it helps.

Thanks a lot,

It was just the info I needed, now my orange color scheme is almost done.

Image Image Image Image Image
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The colors thread (show us your color themes) [Alaska only]0