• 21(current)
The colors thread (show us your color themes) [Alaska only]
Hi Everyone,

I've started work on a remake (with a few modifications) of the black and white skin by WJWNL for the latest version for Alaska. But since this is my first skin I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding all of the color tags.

For instance, what is the difference between WatchedIconDiffuseNF and WatchedIconDiffuseFO?

This is what I've got so far.

Edit: Just realised it might be focused, not focused
Lookin' good, the more the merrier Smile
So I thought I try to do some customization to Alaska and I think I got something I like. There's one thing I can't seem to find and that's the text under weather the one you can barely see. I think it's in the color\defaults.xml file but I don't know what's it called.

HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
SettingsDetail, it's right underneath SettingsHeading. Wink
Hitcher Wrote:SettingsDetail, it's right underneath SettingsHeading. Wink

Thanks
HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
I really like the Stencil theme, it looks great! I had a quick question though:

Screen: Image

Is it possible to make it so the other episodes aren't dimmed also? I like to have all of the thumbs bright (not darkened), whether I'm in Movies, TV Shows, etc. I especially find that when in Panel view I like to see clearly all of the posters, instead of them being practically blacked out.

Another example: Image

I want to be able to see the other covers Smile

Thank you!
I love my Mac Mini :;):
UnisonRuss Wrote:I really like the Stencil theme, it looks great! I had a quick question though:

Is it possible to make it so the other episodes aren't dimmed also? I like to have all of the thumbs bright (not darkened), whether I'm in Movies, TV Shows, etc. I especially find that when in Panel view I like to see clearly all of the posters, instead of them being practically blacked out.

I want to be able to see the other covers Smile

Thank you!

In Stencil.xml, I think you want to edit the "WallIconDiffuse" number. In the screenshot below I have mine set to "cc5C504F" but if you want them all completely clear then you could try "00FFFFFF". Not sure though.

Amra Wrote:In Stencil.xml, I think you want to edit the "WallIconDiffuse" number. In the screenshot below I have mine set to "cc5C504F" but if you want them all completely clear then you could try "00FFFFFF". Not sure though.

Where did you get those new codec and aspect ratio icons? They look sweet.
biljard Wrote:Where did you get those new codec and aspect ratio icons? They look sweet.
The aspect ratios are from Transparency! and the resolution icons (SD, 720, 1080, etc) were in the original Alaska posted by djh way back when but redone by me with larger/bolder text. I've modded my personal copy of Alaska to have the option of the variable width media flag panels by Hitcher or the "old style" fixed width codec logos. They're a little bigger than other skins due to the fact that I have an older 32" CRT TV. That is also why the plot text is bigger than normal in the screenshot.
Ayla Wrote:Thanks to the great work of Hitcher, you can easily change the colors of Alaska and make new color schemes.

Make a copy of one of the .xml files in: /Alaska/colors/

- And start changing the *hex values.

*These are ARGB (AARRGGBB) colors, the first two letters tell how much you can see through the element. 00 means it is invisible, FF means it is fully visible.

[EDIT: Hitcher] Hex values for decimal 0-255, with percentages

alpha
red
green
blue

(*Thanks ccMatrix and hikaricore)

You can get inspiration and see some great looking color combinations at the Adobe Kuler website: http://kuler.adobe.com and at the COLOURlovers website: http://www.colourlovers.com/

If you have made your own nice looking color combinations, post them here, with a screenshot, and the xml code that you changed, so others can see and try them out Smile
Hello , i kepp playing with the colors have so many skins tones now Wink but im missing my main target - i will love to have almost 80% visible skin so i can see the Fanart :
if FF is full visible and 00 ( number )if not visible ...what is 50 % ? its latter nad number ? like DD50 ?
Check that link in the quote.
Hitcher Wrote:Check that link in the quote.

im checking but my English is not the firsth native , its hard to get all in to my brain Wink
Ayla Wrote:Thanks to the great work of Hitcher, you can easily change the colors of Alaska and make new color schemes.

Make a copy of one of the .xml files in: /Alaska/colors/

- And start changing the *hex values.

*These are ARGB (AARRGGBB) colors, the first two letters tell how much you can see through the element. 00 means it is invisible, FF means it is fully visible.

[EDIT: Hitcher] Hex values for decimal 0-255, with percentages

alpha
red
green
blue

(*Thanks ccMatrix and hikaricore)

You can get inspiration and see some great looking color combinations at the Adobe Kuler website: http://kuler.adobe.com and at the COLOURlovers website: http://www.colourlovers.com/

If you have made your own nice looking color combinations, post them here, with a screenshot, and the xml code that you changed, so others can see and try them out Smile

hello, i know now Smile) thank You !! i have problems only with changing colors for Big Grinirected By:- Wiritten By and Starring: , can You please point me , with color script is it in the colors ? thank You
Darkcloud28 Wrote:hello, i know now Smile) thank You !! i have problems only with changing colors for Big Grinirected By:- Wiritten By and Starring: , can You please point me , with color script is it in the colors ? thank You

i have it Smile) sorry !
\
and Thank You for the great ALASKA !
but now i cant find the TEMP color , where is it , its the same color as time , but i will like to change it .... if its posible
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The colors thread (show us your color themes) [Alaska only]0