Adjust fade time home screen multi-images?
Other topic got closed in development. Congrats on ending up here!

Several posts back in the dev thread there was a discussion and some sample movies on the home screen and the images changing not at the same time. I have the impression that the fade in that example is slower than on my pc. I don't mind the pictures changing at the same time, but how can I edit the files to fade slower? I like the slow look.

I searched for fade but it appears in quite a lot of the xml files.
It's all found in the 'Home_MainMenuIconF' include (lines 622-631 of the Includes_Home_1.xml), specifically the fadetime. The image change goes out of sync when you use the sub menus.
Thanks!
Hitcher Wrote:It's all found in the 'Home_MainMenuIconF' include (lines 622-631 of the Includes_Home_1.xml), specifically the fadetime. The image change goes out of sync when you use the sub menus.

I would like the look of the home page images changing randomly at different intervals. It makes it appear as if there is some thing going on there (behind the scenes) rather than just an automated click (next picture).

On my screen it seems like 2 or 3 change at the same time....
Evening JDizzy,

Hitcher tested that already some time ago, but they got out of sync which looked ugly. It was back when Alaska was still under the development part of this forum.

I think this was the video (which looks nice, but apparantly it doesn't stay nice)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rvQiYOzv...re=related
@Hitcher: I played around with fadetime. It does indeed take longer but the fade animation looks nowhere near as smooth as yours in this youtube clip. Did you play with other parameters as well?
Just fadetime as far as I remember.
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adjust fade time home screen multi-images?0