Videos display - columns for time, etc.
i was thinking it would be cool to have time displayed in a column next to the video name, instead of "size", which i personally find a bit useless.

additionally, it would be cool to be able to sort by this time column, instead of just being able to sort by "size" - for example, i might like to be able to pick the shortest or longest movie in my list.

really, if we are going to use additional columns on that display for useful info, i would love to see columns for things like:

- time (extract from video header)
- codecs (header or name)
- resolution, video aspect, etc.
- audio language(s) (imdb or name)
- subs language(s)
- year (imdb or name)

i believe it should be possible to add any or all of these columns without negatively impacting performance.

i may have a look at this myself in the future. just wondering if anyone is interested...
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
the key for getting stuff like this working nicely is to first and foremost extract the info from the files.

currently all extraction of info as far as codecs goes comes only while playing the movie - we get it all from mplayer. some of this information is accurate, some is not (at least by the time it gets to xbmc anyway :p )

a codec reading library is needed (such as gspot) to correctly get the info. once we have the info, then we can look at enhancing the views (probably using the database to hold the info).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos display - columns for time, etc.0