[ATV] Audio, No Video.
Question 
Ive been doing as much research as I can, spent countless hours the past week creating patchsticks for 2.4/3.01, Old/New Launchers, tried different HDMI cables, Component Cables, different TV's, asked in #xbmc-osx/#boxee channels, searched google/xbmc/boxee/Awkward threads, offered money for help, and i have had no help so far Sad

So creating this thread was my last hope.

The issue:
I boot my ATV, Splash video gets Audio & Video. Then it the screen goes black. I can hear the Menu Sounds for ATV, but no video. I can SSH into it just fine, via FlashFXP/PuTTY. Ive tried everything I can think of (See 1st paragraph), but nothing will work!

What caused the issue:
Before this happened, I was attempting to install Nito, I was messing around trying different things, one step told me to change permissions or something, next thing you know, everythings black.

So my question is...
What might be the problem?
Is it possible to reset my ATV to factory via SSH?
NineT9mustang Wrote:Ive been doing as much research as I can, spent countless hours the past week creating patchsticks for 2.4/3.01, Old/New Launchers, tried different HDMI cables, Component Cables, different TV's, asked in #xbmc-osx/#boxee channels, searched google/xbmc/boxee/Awkward threads, offered money for help, and i have had no help so far Sad

So creating this thread was my last hope.

The issue:
I boot my ATV, Splash video gets Audio & Video. Then it the screen goes black. I can hear the Menu Sounds for ATV, but no video. I can SSH into it just fine, via FlashFXP/PuTTY. Ive tried everything I can think of (See 1st paragraph), but nothing will work!

What caused the issue:
Before this happened, I was attempting to install Nito, I was messing around trying different things, one step told me to change permissions or something, next thing you know, everythings black.

So my question is...
What might be the problem?
Is it possible to reset my ATV to factory via SSH?

on apple remote hold "-" and "menu" for a few seconds it will reboot in "restore" menu. do the factory restore from there.

or you can try this http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=461659
Amet! Wow thanks for the -/Menu tip! Restoring it now Smile If this fixes everything, you dont know how much you have done for me in just that simple reply alone Smile
NineT9mustang Wrote:Amet! Wow thanks for the -/Menu tip! Restoring it now Smile If this fixes everything, you dont know how much you have done for me in just that simple reply alone Smile

NP Smile

Let me know how it works out
Your a genius Smile

Restore complete Smile
Update to 3.0.1 complete Smile
Update to Launcher 3.2.beta3 complete Smile

and now for the scary part, getting my USB to work via Nito, this might take me a few hours, but thanks for everything Amet! I'm so glad your online and saw my thread!!
and its a success!

My whole XBMC is back up and running flawlessly, thanks again Amet!
NineT9mustang Wrote:and its a success!

My whole XBMC is back up and running flawlessly, thanks again Amet!

NP , glad its working Smile
Amet Wrote:on apple remote hold "-" and "menu" for a few seconds it will reboot in "restore" menu. do the factory restore from there.

or you can try this http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=461659

I have the same problem... black screen after boot, I can hear Audio but nothing on video...

I try to tap and hold MENU+"-" and APT restart and I have a screen where I have to select Language .... but I can't select it.... I try to pair again the remote, and it seem working but anyway i can't select language....

I can make something trough ssh or other?
Thank you
Filippo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV] Audio, No Video.0