• 3(current)
[RELEASE] CU Lyrics (Script) Addon
Quote:0.7.0 attempts to fetch lyrics for the next track/song and saves it to file. when track changes, the lyrics (if exist) are shown immediately.
nice feature
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Nuka1195 Wrote:nice feature

Thanks!
Nice feature and fixes!

Thanks!
Hi there
I was wondering if anybody got this script working on Aeon skin. To be specific i am using Aeon Phil65 mod on Ubuntu Karmic / XBMC 9.11 beta.
I will appreciate any feedback and thank you very much for making XBMC better every day
Aytac
I like the new release Amet. Any progress with the apostrophe (') / capitalization issue? I also noticed that symbols like (&) cause your script grief. I know you tried to hack in the &quote; workaround with but it still appears in many songs (I've also run into & in some songs).
Great script!
Thanks
paco Wrote:I like the new release Amet. Any progress with the apostrophe (') / capitalization issue? I also noticed that symbols like (&) cause your script grief. I know you tried to hack in the &quote; workaround with but it still appears in many songs (I've also run into & in some songs).

no, sorry. Sad

It is on my list, I will look into it soon.

Zeljko
ATOLIUS Wrote:Hi there
I was wondering if anybody got this script working on Aeon skin. To be specific i am using Aeon Phil65 mod on Ubuntu Karmic / XBMC 9.11 beta.
I will appreciate any feedback and thank you very much for making XBMC better every day
Aytac

not sure if Aeon has Lyrics button. Best to ask the same question on Aeon forums.

as far as the script goes there is no limitation to what skin you are using.

Zeljko
Amet, many thanks for the script! Big Grin

I really like to look up the lyrics when I don't get them just by listening to the song. Thanks again!

The idea to store the files in a place permanently, so that the don't need to be downloaded again, sounds also very useful.

Here are a couple of thoughts a got by using CU Lyrics (I was using foobar 2000 with the Lyric Show panel for some time) before switching over to XBMC for all my media:

- a very interesting site for lyrics could be: http://www.viewlyrics.com/ It is used by quite a few important lyrics plugins (like the commerical minilyrics plugin: http://www.crintsoft.com/).

- Some of those plugins are mainly using LRC-files (I think that e.g. on the viewlyrics-site most are actually LRC files) and they use it to highlight the current line (which is a bit off most of the times) and -- more importantly -- to implement autoscrolling, which works really well. So it really not for the karaoke that I like those LRC files, but for the automatic scrolling.

- It would be really cool if I would not have to open that window everytime (which then blocks basically all other interactions with XBMC), but I guess that's a limitation of the script-concept in XBMC.

In case you are not familiar with the foobar2000 with lyrics plugin, I attached a screenshot:

paco Wrote:I like the new release Amet. Any progress with the apostrophe (') / capitalization issue? I also noticed that symbols like (&) cause your script grief. I know you tried to hack in the &quote; workaround with but it still appears in many songs (I've also run into & in some songs).

try version 0.7.1 on SVN repo installer. I would appreciate the feedback as my music library is almost nonexistent.

v 0.7.1 should fix """, "&" and others, as for the ( ' ) issue , the script will not capitalize any artist or song name with ( ' ) in it. the best would probably be to search for it in a title and decapitalize the letter after it.

I will have some more time over the weekend and I should be able to fix it.

Zeljko
Amet Wrote:try version 0.7.1 on SVN repo installer. I would appreciate the feedback as my music library is almost nonexistent.

v 0.7.1 should fix """, "&" and others, as for the ( ' ) issue , the script will not capitalize any artist or song name with ( ' ) in it. the best would probably be to search for it in a title and decapitalize the letter after it.

I will have some more time over the weekend and I should be able to fix it.

Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

Thanks for the update. Good job on the (') issue. From the quick test I gave the file, most of my problem files worked! Very nice! Even quotes (") in songs were showing up correctly!

This version seems to have trouble when switching songs. Sometimes it refreshes, other times it doesn't. I have to start and stop the script sometimes. No such issue with 0.70. I find that if the next song is available on the HDD, it refreshes. If it has to go to the internet, it doesn't.

Great progress with this script! Keep up the nice work!
paco Wrote:Hi Zeljko,

Thanks for the update. Good job on the (') issue. From the quick test I gave the file, most of my problem files worked! Very nice! Even quotes (") in songs were showing up correctly!

This version seems to have trouble when switching songs. Sometimes it refreshes, other times it doesn't. I have to start and stop the script sometimes. No such issue with 0.70. I find that if the next song is available on the HDD, it refreshes. If it has to go to the internet, it doesn't.

Great progress with this script! Keep up the nice work!

Thanks for letting me know, mind trying 0.7.2 on SVN?

I have to stop doing this at 3AM, always make silly little mistakes. Smile

Zeljko
Amet Wrote:Thanks for letting me know, mind trying 0.7.2 on SVN?

I have to stop doing this at 3AM, always make silly little mistakes. Smile

Zeljko

Wow! Awesome job Zeljko! Now when your script fails it makes me check the lyricwiki. Believe it or not, in a few cases I had a misnamed song and in a few cases they had it wrong (always check original album when in doubt!).

There is still one issue I have found. Artists with an ampersand in the name (see below):

NOTICE: Song: Is This Love
NOTICE: Artist: Bob Marley & The Wailers
NOTICE: Title:[Bob Marley & The Wailers:Is This Love]
NOTICE: http://lyricwiki.org/index.php?title=Bob...ction=edit

It seems that your script sends 2 ampersands when formatting the artist or title.

That small problem aside, your script kicks major butt! Great work!
paco Wrote:Wow! Awesome job Zeljko! Now when your script fails it makes me check the lyricwiki. Believe it or not, in a few cases I had a misnamed song and in a few cases they had it wrong (always check original album when in doubt!).

There is still one issue I have found. Artists with an ampersand in the name (see below):

NOTICE: Song: Is This Love
NOTICE: Artist: Bob Marley & The Wailers
NOTICE: Title:[Bob Marley & The Wailers:Is This Love]
NOTICE: http://lyricwiki.org/index.php?title=Bob...ction=edit

It seems that your script sends 2 ampersands when formatting the artist or title.

That small problem aside, your script kicks major butt! Great work!

Thanks for all the reports, I think its fixed in 0.7.3. Give it a go when you have some time.

Zeljko
Hi Amet,

Still have the problem with internet radio that it doesn't refresh
if I exit the script and go back then it's finding the correct lyric

With this new version a lot of songs are working that didn't work before
Thanks!!!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CU Lyrics (Script) Addon1