Music codec flagging support for Confluence
UPDATED !!!

I reworked all the things according to the advices came from Jezz.

Now only in Visulalization Mode we have flags on the info window, under the rating stars,
with the same icon for mp3 we have for the videoflagging.

Check screenshots:

I hope this thime Jezz will like it.

If so i really hope this goes into Camelot final :-)

Here is the diff:

http://pastebin.com/f9cea85f
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I like the idea but I am not sure the font suits the skin....

Also, any chance of bit rate getting in there??
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
bossanova808 Wrote:I like the idea but I am not sure the font suits the skin....

Also, any chance of bit rate getting in there??

They are not texts. they are icons. All formats has a different icon (like we have for video files)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I like this, props..

Any chance this or something similar is getting added to SVN, I'd hate to have to mod Confluence for every new build
Download X-cite_V0.3 - 13th June 2007
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
dfmos Wrote:I like this, props.. Any chance this or something similar is getting added to SVN, I'd hate to have to mod Confluence for every new build

It is up to Jezz to decide whether he likes it or not, or if he uses something out of it.

I am really waiting for his opinion.
dfmos Wrote:I like this, props..

Any chance this or something similar is getting added to SVN, I'd hate to have to mod Confluence for every new build

BTW, you don't have to mod it for every new build.

You only need to do this if the affected files get changed in SVN, and you want to incorporate those changes into your own build.
alanwww1 Wrote:It is up to Jezz to decide whether he likes it or not, or if he uses something out of it.

I am really waiting for his opinion.
Ok well here goes Smile
I didn't actually try it so this is just based on the screenshots
It doesn't seem to fit the same layout as the videos one do for example
In fullscreen Vis the codec info should be next to the ratings stars not the poster
The codec image (MP3) is different from the one that is used in videos
Moving over the currently playing is not somthing I like I'd rather put it under the poster.
The skin was designed so page count and nowplayer were always in the same place everytime
Jezz_X Wrote:It doesn't seem to fit the same layout as the videos one do for example
In fullscreen Vis the codec info should be next to the ratings stars not the poster
The codec image (MP3) is different from the one that is used in videos
Moving over the currently playing is not somthing I like I'd rather put it under the poster.
The skin was designed so page count and nowplayer were always in the same place everytime

Thanks Jezz, they are good suggestions. I will try to modify things according to these guidelines.

Can you help where the mp3 codec image is from ? The problem is that what i find in the image directory of the skin is only for a few codecs, but for music we need more (eg. aac, wma, wav, wavpack, ape, flac etc.)

Or we can try to create them with a certain design. Can you suggest an image editor (i think some vector based would be the perfect) which can export to png ?

What if we only use the flags in fullscreen visualization mode (where you suggested it), and under current playing screen we just make it as a liitle popup window which disappears after a few secs ?

Speaking of popup windows, i have realized a bug when navigating in long lists. The letter popup window's position is to much to the right. When a lot of pages are in the list and/or the translation of page/item is a little bit longer than in English we have an overlapping with the two.

Also there is a problem with watched status overlay image in file list mode. It is appearing too much to the right of the screen. It is so to the right that it is overlaying the border of the window.

Also it would be really good if we could see the watched status also in the "BIG LIST" view. Maybe at the end of the text line. Or at the corner of the window.

TIA,

Alan
per the watched status stuff yes the big icon one is a bug
the biglist one, well when I actually made the skin watched status didn't work in file mode and since that view never appears in the library I never added it

The scrolloffset popup its only temp on the screen so I don't really see the harm in it

Now back on topic Smile
the current codec images are here (not many like you said)
https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...ging/audio
but they are compressed into the xbt in the release version
Quote:The scrolloffset popup its only temp on the screen so I don't really see the harm in it

Yes i aggree, but would look even better a little bit more to the left if possible,

Quote:the current codec images are here (not many like you said)
https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...ging/audio
but they are compressed into the xbt in the release version

Yes i found them. Do you know by any chance what font or what software were they created, so that i could add more to them ?
Hello Jezz !

I reworked all the things according to the advices came from you.

Now only in Visulalization Mode we have flags on the info window, under the rating stars,
with the same icon for mp3 we have for the videoflagging.

Check screenshots:

I hope this time you like it.

If so i really hope this goes into Camelot final :-)

The package is in the updated FIRST POST.
http://forum.xbmc.org/attachment.php?att...1259876982

Here is the diff:

http://pastebin.com/f9cea85f
Hello Jezz !

Can you give me some feedback if you liked the reworked Musicflagging. I think now it is really worth a check.

Thanks,

Alan
holy crap I never realized so many codecs Smile
Its better yes but its still not high on the list of thinsg to add. I will add it one day soon I promise
looking at your diff. at least for music flagging the substring always matches the filename (maybe video flagging also) do this with one control.

something like
PHP Code:
<control type="image">
  <
width>86</width>
  <
aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
  <
texture>$INFO[musicplayer.codec,flagging/audio/music/,.png]</texture>
  <
visible>!IsEmpty(musicplayer.codec)</visible>
</