[PATCH] Video Post-Processing Filter support for DVDPlayer, need help to develop...
For future reference: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Release_cycle
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
ossman Wrote:I seriously miss the post-processing ability from my old mplayer based setup (I have a lot of low quality movies), so I put a few hours into implementing it in XBMC's dvdplayer. It's working very well, but there are a few things I feel need discussion.

Many of you are probably eager to see what this does.

Before: Image
After: Image
Any updates on when this feature will be available?
Committed in 31359.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Wow, I'm super excited to update and try this out! Anyone had any luck trying this out?
A few details on the implementation: it is CPU-based and uses libpostproc of ffmpeg.

The default options are the same as the "high-quality filter combination" of mplayer, with horiz+vert deblocking and deringing.

They can be overriden with an advanced setting of <video><ppffmpegpostprocessing>. Default value is "ha:128:7,va,dr".
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
This post processing is the same in the dharma realease? Or it can be added to that?
I've set it with hardware acceleration and something else but now I see strange line shaped by dot, red dot! What's happened? Someone can explain me? Thank you!
Lightbulb 
Post processing in XBMC is the reason why I use a different player for SD videos on my computer. XBMC uses an aggressive post-processing filter that makes videos blurry or no filter at all. Sad

Just made a patch to enable more post-processing modes it is not always recommended to use an aggressive post processing filter like the "high-quality filter combination: ha:128:7,va,dr".

Also included an Auto mode for slow CPU's based on ffmpeg's default settings "hb:a,vb:a,dr:a" which switches off post processing horizontal/vertical deblocking and deringing filters one by one if CPU can't handle them.

More details in track ticket.

Any suggestions are welcome Smile

New Option:
link: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/8r...directlink

I implemented this in response to the following posts:

ossman Wrote:I seriously miss the post-processing ability from my old mplayer based setup (I have a lot of low quality movies), so I put a few hours into implementing it in XBMC's dvdplayer. It's working very well, but there are a few things I feel need discussion.

CrystalP Wrote:A few details on the implementation: it is CPU-based and uses libpostproc of ffmpeg.

The default options are the same as the "high-quality filter combination" of mplayer, with horiz+vert deblocking and deringing.

They can be overriden with an advanced setting of <video><ppffmpegpostprocessing>. Default value is "ha:128:7,va,dr".

Freddo Wrote:Hi,

Love the work your doing!

I don't want to seem like I'm making demands or anything but I just wanted to mention the ps3 dvd player has 10 step DNR, MPEGNR and Sharpening. Having 10 steps instead of just on/off is really powerful for getting the best out of various sources and I've always hoped XBMC would get a similar style post processing suite. Maybe you could consider this approach in your implementation?

Just an idea! Happy Coding!

Swifty Wrote:That sounds like a good idea Freddo, espcially for people using Atom style processors since I guess this is all CPU hungry so would be nice to be able to have it enabled but less aggressive for the lower power CPU's.
How do you get spline36 scaling?!?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Big Grin 
ashlar Wrote:How do you get spline36 scaling?!?

What you see in the image is my own dev. Version see the ticket link. Did not notice that Spline36 was selected when making screenshot :p

P.S. That ticket got ignored…
I hope it's implemented some day Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Big Grin 
ashlar Wrote:I hope it's implemented some day Smile

It's already been implemented; the patch is attached to the ticket http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11462 all that remains is a decision from an XBMC dev. team member to integrated into some next XBMC version.
CrHasher Wrote:It's already been implemented; the patch is attached to the ticket http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11462 all that remains is a decision from an XBMC dev. team member to integrated into some next XBMC version.
Yup, I meant implemented in the official builds.
Big Grin 
ashlar Wrote:Yup, I meant implemented in the official builds.

Now it's in the official builds Smile
Cool! Thanks for the update! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Video Post-Processing Filter support for DVDPlayer, need help to develop...2