The new OSD.
I'm not a fan to be quite honest.
The fonts before were perfectly sized and placed. Sad

Old:

New:

Granted I need to rework my library a bit as some of my tags are from the yea olde times, but I just thought it looked fantastic before. Smile
I love that more colors are incorporated into the new design and the new location of the paused notification but the rest I'm iffy about.
I like it.
Yeah, I'm waiting for reaven to pop out a full clearart thing with an osd like the last one.

Hikaricore, dunno if you noticed but I put an idea I like in our social group here: http://forum.xbmc.org/group.php?do=discu...ssionid=11
Lightbulb 
Hi everyone, first post here. Anyway, I've been playing around with Alaska on my htpc. Granted I love aeon but alaska looks quite promising too.

One of the few things that made me wonder was the lack of clearart officially integrated to the skin so far so I just went ahead and came up with a little addition to the DialogSeekbar.xml. I know most of the people here that want clearart will have done just the same and it wasn't anything so sophisticated but here goes in case anyone didn't know how to do that. I preferred my clearart to the bottom right of the seekbar so here goes.

Code:
<!-- clearart -->
    <control type ="image">
        <description>tv show image</description>
        <posx>1049</posx>    
        <posy>-4</posy>    
        <width>230</width>    
        <height>115</height>
        <texture>cleararts/$INFO[VideoPlayer.TVShowTitle].png</texture>
        <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
        <visible>VideoPlayer.Content(episodes)</visible>
    </control>
<!-- end clearart -->

This goes after the:

Code:
<control type="label">
                <posx>640</posx>
                <posy>0</posy>
                <include>DialogID</include>
                <label>DialogSeekbar.xml</label>
                <visible>Skin.HasSetting(debugmode)</visible>
            </control>

part and before the:

Code:
            <control type="progress" id="23">
                <texturebg>osd/osd_progress_back.png</texturebg>
                <lefttexture>osd/osd_progress_left.png</lefttexture>
                <midtexture>osd/osd_progress_mid.png</midtexture>
                <righttexture>osd/osd_progress_right.png</righttexture>
                <colordiffuse>OSDProgressBar</colordiffuse>
                <info>Player.Progress</info>
                <posx>30</posx>
                <posy>130</posy>
                <width>1040</width>
                <height>19</height>
            </control>

part, at about line 42 in that file.

I hope I'm not totally offtopic and hijacking the thread. Cheers.
It is totally offtopic and clearart is being worked on by reaven i think.
Next time make your own thread.
I agree with hikaricore on this one; I also liked the 'old' osd somewhat better. The 'paused' notification is a bit too screamy in my opinion. This is especially the case in red slate, it looks better in the original alaska color style.
Eh I'm not so much worried about the paused notification as I am the moving around and addition of text.
I hope when all is said and done there's an option to display minimal info in the older format instead of all.
But it's not my skin so I'm just here to complain. ^_^ Besides this is why mods are for.
I've not really changed that much and the colour of the PAUSED, etc was only to check if the new colour tag worked.

Here's the Info panel before with the director shown twice and the year displayed 3 times -

and after the tidy up -

And here's the control panel before with the year shown twice -

and after with the year removed because I felt that's best left for the Info panel -

Hi Hitcher, it sounds indeed pretty logical to remove multiple instances of the same information on one screen Wink. I did not notice that before because I never use the info panel, but only the panel where you have the buttons on the right side. Then the info (year etc.) was only showing once.
I also did not notice multiple dates.
Possibly the shows/movies I've been watching truncated this duplication due to long titles.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The new OSD.0