Movie information, tags
Question 
Hello. Great work on the new skin.

Could someone tell me what this information is called in the screenshot?

I am trying to find more information on making this appear on every movie because it is not, even after rescanning my library.

Thanks!

Media flags.
HTPC= AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350 l Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G l G Skill 2GB l HVR-1800 l PVR-150 l Ultra MicroFly Case l 180GB SATA l 250GB IDE
Old HTPC Build / Current 780G HTPC Build / My Website
dhrandy Wrote:Media flags.

Alright, how are the media tags found? How can I make sure XBMC finds them properly?
From my limited understanding they are added to the .nfo file for the movie. Do you use any software to edit your files before scanning?

I ask only because after I started using Ember Media Manager (my personal preference) all of my media tags show up.

I could be wrong though...
gl
If turned on in settings XBMC will probe each and every video file for it.

The nfo method was a pre-native support hack.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:If turned on in settings XBMC will probe each and every video file for it.

The nfo method was a pre-native support hack.

If it is not in the nfo it seems inefficient to have XBMC scan the library database for this information. Specially since there are tools that are already building the nfo for each directory/movie.

Also, if this is moving out of the NFO then what is the point of the NFO?
dleach Wrote:If it is not in the nfo it seems inefficient to have XBMC scan the library database for this information. Specially since there are tools that are already building the nfo for each directory/movie.

Also, if this is moving out of the NFO then what is the point of the NFO?

Because
1) the tools seem to be mainly windows oriented so that leaves OSX and Linux users out int he cold
2) The "Tools" did it in a hacky way by replacing the <studio> tag of the moviw info
3) who said anything about taking it out of the nfo its still stored there just in the proper place
4) the old hack way was still scanning the library for the info (unless you used the even worse filename hack)
jezz your skin does not detect VC-1 video steam from HD-DVD or BD rips.

there is no tag for VC-1
I would think it needs to scan for some of that anyways to know what to set the video output. They just added a bonus use for that ino
sho Wrote:If turned on in settings XBMC will probe each and every video file for it.

*Except for VIDEO_TS rips in an iso
Platform - AppleTV
AppleTV Version - 3.0.1
Launcher version - 3.2.4
Install Method - Patchstick
SVN Revision - 9.11 R28256
(2)Seritek 5PM Chassis' :: 12TB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie information, tags0