Font.xml question
My AppleTV uses the 720p version of the skin and it is hooked up to a 1080p TV. With PM3.HD, I found that I had to play with most of the font sizes to be able to see the text clearly from where I sit and Confluence works much better.

However, I would like to increase the font size of the source listings under Videos. Which is the font name that controls this part of the display?

Thanks.
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
Either font13 or font12, 12 is the right hand side one but changing it will effect many things
Jezz_X Wrote:Either font13 or font12, 12 is the right hand side one but changing it will effect many things

Thanks!
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
Font12:
*Weather/clock
*Description page bottom (items-page x/y) and menu items
*Plot summary

Font13:
*Titles of shows
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
Thanks for the hint. Below is the part of Font.xml

What size is used to display plot?

</fontset>
<fontset id="Arial" unicode="true">
<font>
<name>font10</name>
<filename>Arial.ttf</filename>
<size>12</size>
</font>
<font>
<name>font10caps</name>
<size>12</size>
</font>
<font>
<name>font12</name>
<size>16</size>
</font>
<font>
<name>font12caps</name>
<size>16</size>
</font>
<font>
<name>font12boldcaps</name>
<size>16</size>
<style>bold</style>
</font>
<font>
<name>font13</name>
<size>20</size>
</font>
<font>
<name>font13caps</name>
<size>20</size>
</font>
<font>
<name>font16caps</name>
<size>25</size>
</font>
<font>
<name>font30caps</name>
<size>30</size>
</font>
<font>
<name>fontContextMenu</name>
<size>18</size>
</font>

<font>
<name>font10caps_title</name>
<size>12</size>
</font>
<font>
<name>font12caps_title</name>
<size>16</size>
</font>
<font>
<name>font13_title</name>
<size>20</size>
</font>
<font>
<name>font13caps_title</name>
<size>20</size>
</font>
<font>
<name>font24caps_title</name>
<size>24</size>
</font>
<font>
<name>font28caps_title</name>
<size>28</size>
</font>
<font>
<name>font30caps_title</name>
<size>30</size>
</font>
<font>
<name>font35caps_title</name>
<size>35</size>
</font>
<font>
<name>font45caps_title</name>
<size>45</size>
</font>
<font>
<name>font50caps_title</name>
<size>50</size>
</font>

<font>
<name>WeatherTemp</name>
<size>80</size>
</font>
graysky Wrote:Font12:
*Weather/clock
*Description page bottom (items-page x/y) and menu items
*Plot summary

Did you read my post..Huh
I read your post, but little instructions would help. Not everyone is developer/programmer.
Neither am I. No offense, but if you can't understand the little summary I posted where I specifically answered your question, I don't think you'll be able to edit the various files to make this change.
I got it working. Appreciate your help. But you should understand that there are people over here that use XBMC (no programming background) and with simple proper instructions would be able to edit xml files. It's a learning process. And believe, many people are shy about posting anything on this forum, due to being afraid of being scolded.

On final note, support for larger fonts, should be included by default, without resorting to tweaking and hacking. This is a part of end user experience. Unfortunately many devs are caught up in there own ideas, and forget about who is going to use their application.
there are a lot of things these DEV's are doing to make the best of (WITH THEIR OWN FREE TIME) this software so you can enjoy it. Font size, yes seems like a small task, BUT i'm sure it's at the bottom of the list as an option they would be adding to the list of "things to do" while they are working on major projects. PVR, solid flow of screen changes, and helping to pave the way of future XBMC official releases. Without the hard work and dedication of them, we would be stuck with WMP (Windows Media Player) or WMC (Windows Media Center) "for us Windows folk", or even paying for some half *ssed player with 8-bit black and white graphics. lol

I give these DEV's a lot of gratitude and patience to fix what needs to be to have a functioning application so i can do things that are more important, like watch the video and have it organized.
Jezz_X Wrote:Either font13 or font12, 12 is the right hand side one but changing it will effect many things

Sorry, I'm also trying to increase the font size, XBCM for OSX...
I found the file font.xml within the folder:
XBMC/Skin/Confluence/720P
I increased the values for these fonts (from 16 to 20 and from 20 to 22 but nothing changed. Do you have any suggestion?
I'm using confluence as skin of course.
thanx and regards
I'm not seeing font.xml anywhere. I have only Transparency! in .xbmc/skin; sudo find ~.xbmc/ -iname font.xml comes up blank, and also on /etc

this is on xbmc live standalone install, camelot

thanks
/usr/share/xbmc/skins/confluence/720p
Could anyone post what the single font tags actually do?
So like font10 equals Menuentries etc. since I have an old Tv set this would be a great help for me.
By the way does anyone know how I can get rid of the length of my movies in the library (I don't need to know how long my movie is and I would prefer to see the entire title of the movie instead of its length or rating!)
This method does work (editing the font.xml) but only some font sizes are available. If you pick a font size that is unsupported I think it drops back to a default size. These font sizes are available to the "Default" font:

12, 16, 18, 20, 25, 28, 30, 35, 45, 50

There may be others but I just picked these out from the listed sizes already in use. I duplicated the whole default fontset to keep the defaults intact:

< fontset id="Default (Large)" unicode="true" >

Then I simply changed the size of font13 from 20 to 30, and that was enough to change the listings which is all I really needed. Then I changed the font selection in System -> Appearance -> Skin to my new font and bingo!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Font.xml question0