• 17(current)
WIP Apple TV 3.0 skin replica for XBMC concept (codename: xTV 3.0)
If I may, I think folks just had their appetites whetted for the last two years and are very interested. Seems they are just offering to try to help out where they or someone can on some great code that was apparently started but due to *real life* can not be finished. I do not think it unreasonable to politely ask to have the existing source released so some may be able to extend/finish it. That being said of course at this point its owned by the current developers and as such its also not unreasonable for them to refuse to do so. I guess my main point is does it make sense to admonish someone for requesting for exisiting code to be made available ? As said before the current authors have every right to refuse, but imo the request is not unreasonable. A simple "no" from the authors would suffice. Otoh, just my .02
You are right, I might have reacted little bit rougher than I should.

OTOH, if I'm offering help to code it, then I probably know something about skinning, right? In that case, what the problem to pick a very similar skin add a blue button to it and modify parts that I do not like? No, I believe previous posts are just a further "tender pressure" despite the fact that devs said they wan't to finish it.

But, to be quite frank, I would probably post with them too, haven't it been that I started to skin it myself so I saw what a long & bumpy road that is. That's probably the main reason for my rough reaction.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:You are right, I might have reacted little bit rougher than I should.

OTOH, if I'm offering help to code it, then I probably know something about skinning, right? In that case, what the problem to pick a very similar skin add a blue button to it and modify parts that I do not like? No, I believe previous posts are just a further "tender pressure" despite the fact that devs said they wan't to finish it.

But, to be quite frank, I would probably post with them too, haven't it been that I started to skin it myself so I saw what a long & bumpy road that is. That's probably the main reason for my rough reaction.
I'm with pecinko on this, you guy's have been waiting on this skin (and needling the guy's most of the way) for going on two years meanwhile there are skins out there that probably give you 90% of what this skin will. Both Pecinko and I have Apple inspired skins that could be fairly easily modified to give you the last 10%.

Now with the benefit of hindsight I would not have released anything till a lot later in the coding process, and maybe the guys should have done the same thing (and not announced anything until they had something to release) but I guess we all have to learn that lesson.

They will release (or not as the case may be) when they are ready and all the needling does is put them off. Go use one of the many excellent skins (hopefully one day my skin will be included amongst them) that are currently available and give the guys some space.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
In all honesty those types of posts shouldn't even be allowed as this forum is for developers only -

Quote:No End-User Support Requests! Only skinners and graphic artists.
Guys, I was wondering what are your's expectations regarding ATV2 replica skin?

To name just a few questions:

- ATV like list scrolling not possible ATM
- fanart is missing on ATV
- only one view on ATV
- no scrollbars on ATV
- no media flags on ATV

Thanks for your feedback.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I would very much like to see a 1:1 replica because of the high waf/saf factor.
Preserve the minimalism and the smooth but little effects it has.
Try to keep is as ATV as possible.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
eXisTa Wrote:I would very much like to see a 1:1 replica because of the high waf/saf factor.
Preserve the minimalism and the smooth but little effects it has.
Try to keep is as ATV as possible.

Agree!!! Apple has a very good graphics designers and not to bad to have the same with XBMC on ATV2 for example.
Why is this project removed from the blackbolt website?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Because we won't ever get a working version Smile
its off topic but pecinko is right. there are others that are very close and in some ways considerably better imho than atv os. I would suggest trying his latest quartz skin if you haven't. Its fantastic.
Hey guys, just wondering if development on this skin has completely stopped? or still on going?
Wow, been years.
So as I understand, the project of aTV 3.0 has no such timetable.
No timetable, like most skins they're built in peoples spare time.
I made Quartz which is ATV2 interface replica.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 3.0 skin replica for XBMC concept (codename: xTV 3.0)5