[MAC] Snow Leopard Compile Errors
Beekr25 Wrote:Could it be because I am running in 64 bit os.

uname -m = i386
uname -r = 10.4.0
uname -s = Darwin
uname -v = Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.0: Fri Apr 23 18:28:53 PDT 2010; root:xnu-1504.7.4~1/RELEASE_I386

uname says you are a 32-bit kernel. The rest is 64-bit or 32-bit. We have others devs on the same 10.6.4 that can compile without problem.
successful configure from a 10.6.4 box

http://pastebin.com/XzAVLare
Ok so I decided to just start over and remove everything to see if a clean install of both macports 1.7 and the xbmc svn build 32266 would work.

I encountered this upon trying to install the first of many packages for 1.7.

Quote:Beekr25-iMac:bin Beekr25$ sudo port -v install pcre +universal
can't find package Pextlib 1.0
while executing
"package require Pextlib 1.0"
(file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 40)

I checked cc gcc g++ c++ and found this

Quote:i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1: no input files

I did another search via google and someone suggested installing macports 1.8.2 snow leopard disk image first. I wanted to run this by you as the instructions suggest that I don't do that.

I also think it may be linked to my .profile file. I decided to show you the contents of that as well just incase.

Quote:export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
export DISPLAY=:0.0H

##
# Your previous /Users/Beekr25/.profile file was backed up as /Users/Beekr25/.profile.macports-saved_2010-07-22_at_12:38:00
##

# MacPorts Installer addition on 2010-07-22_at_12:38:00: adding an appropriate PATH variable for use with MacPorts.
export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
# Finished adapting your PATH environment variable for use with MacPorts.

Thoughts?
do NOT use Macports 1.8.x, it's broke with respect to targeting specific SDK.

You missed step 5) in http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-port-depends/

To build the actual macport (steps 1-3) gcc need to be 4.2 flavor, this is listed in step 5).

For building macports port files, gcc needs to be 4.0.
davilla Wrote:do NOT use Macports 1.8.x, it's broke with respect to targeting specific SDK.

You missed step 5) in http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-port-depends/

To build the actual macport (steps 1-3) gcc need to be 4.2 flavor, this is listed in step 5).

For building macports port files, gcc needs to be 4.0.

Same result if I include step 5

Quote:i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.0.1: no input files

Quote:Beekr25-iMac:bin Beekr25$ sudo port -v install pcre +universal
can't find package Pextlib 1.0
while executing
"package require Pextlib 1.0"
(file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 40)
I had problems running the final build process:
"xcodebuild -sdk macosx10.4 -project XBMC.xcodeproj -target XBMC.app -configuration Release build"

gcc Version:
gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5494)
MacOSX 10.4.x

The compiler throw an error about "Invalid DWARF error" - duplicate symbols in one file.
I replaced all "dwarf-with-dsym" in the project file with "dwarf", and, the build finished sucessful.
nobody.loopback Wrote:I had problems running the final build process:
"xcodebuild -sdk macosx10.4 -project XBMC.xcodeproj -target XBMC.app -configuration Release build"

gcc Version:
gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5494)
MacOSX 10.4.x

The compiler throw an error about "Invalid DWARF error" - duplicate symbols in one file.
I replaced all "dwarf-with-dsym" in the project file with "dwarf", and, the build finished sucessful.

Which version of MacOSX 10.4 are you running ? Xcode version too. COuld be some issue now with compiling under a 10.4 system. I've not checked that for many, many months. All my compiles and buildbot nightlies are running under a 10.5 system.
Sorry for posting wrong information ... not 10.4.x, but 10.6.4
the system is:
System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.4 (10F569)
Xcode: 3.2.3

Meanwhile i found some post in the internet which suggest this maybe is a Compiler problem and, apple is responsible for.
Hey guys, I can't seem to get it to compile either, i get a bunch of missing files.

Do I specifically need the 10.4 sdk? or can I use the 10.5 one?

Building on a late 2010 Macbook Pro 10.6.6

Build log
http://pastebin.com/kjAACYdT
SilkyPantsDan Wrote:Hey guys, I can't seem to get it to compile either, i get a bunch of missing files.

Do I specifically need the 10.4 sdk? or can I use the 10.5 one?

Building on a late 2010 Macbook Pro 10.6.6

Build log
http://pastebin.com/kjAACYdT

you must use 10.4 sdk.
Awesome - thanks for that. Managed to find a copy, but now I'm stalling on building the first line in step 4

make -C tools/osx/osx-depends/xbmc

I've downloaded and installed the latest gettext (0.18.1.1) but I still get errors about it

EDIT: also tried using 0.16.1 - but still keeps saying I don't have the correct version

Build log: http://pastebin.com/q36Nchvm
I think you are missing the point, xbmc builds it's own depends and that includes gettext.

make -C tools/osx/osx-depends
make -C tools/osx/osx-depends/xbmc
make xcode_depends
build xcode project
I thought that was the case - but when trying to build the tools/osx/osx-depends/xbmc it was failing. I think something funky might have happened when getting the data - followed this post about resetting my repo and all is well Smile

Would have replied earlier - but was very late and left it building overnight. Thanks for the help though Smile
Hey Davilla and SilkyPantsDan! maybe you can offer some insight as to my problem as well. Brand new install of OSX (virtual machine), followed the steps in README.osx, and I get the following error from make xcode_depends

Code:
make -C xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM
CPP     Main.o
make -C libprojectM
Scanning dependencies of target projectM
[  2%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/projectM.cpp.o
In file included from /Users/mac/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM/Renderer.hpp:4,
                 from /Users/mac/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM/projectM.cpp:60:
/Users/mac/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM/FBO.hpp:35:21: error: GL/glew.h: No such file or directory
make[4]: *** [CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/projectM.cpp.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [libprojectM/libprojectM.dylib] Error 2
make: *** [visualizations] Error 2

Any ideas?

EDIT: git reset --hard HEAD got past the GL error. Compiling in Xcode now... hopefully being in a virtual machine still let's me test basic GUI stuff
EDIT 2: nope.
garbear Wrote:Hey Davilla and SilkyPantsDan! maybe you can offer some insight as to my problem as well. Brand new install of OSX (virtual machine), followed the steps in README.osx, and I get the following error from make xcode_depends

Code:
make -C xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM
CPP     Main.o
make -C libprojectM
Scanning dependencies of target projectM
[  2%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/projectM.cpp.o
In file included from /Users/mac/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM/Renderer.hpp:4,
                 from /Users/mac/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM/projectM.cpp:60:
/Users/mac/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM/FBO.hpp:35:21: error: GL/glew.h: No such file or directory
make[4]: *** [CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/projectM.cpp.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [libprojectM/libprojectM.dylib] Error 2
make: *** [visualizations] Error 2

Any ideas?

EDIT: git reset --hard HEAD got past the GL error. Compiling in Xcode now... hopefully being in a virtual machine still let's me test basic GUI stuff
EDIT 2: nope.

libprojectM is a wacky build, it's looking for GL/glew.h and glew is not under GL as that's an X11-izum. OpenGL/gl.h and glew.h is a depends build.

If your xcode install includes X11, then it will work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Snow Leopard Compile Errors0