[MAC] Snow Leopard Compile Errors
Any reason why I would get the following error. I have checked the folder and the file exists.

/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/include/stdarg.h:4:25: error: stdarg.h: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [pcre_compile.lo] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2

Below is the contents of the stdarg.h file

/* This file is public domain. */
/* GCC uses its own copy of this header */
#if defined(__GNUC__)
#include_next <stdarg.h>
#elif defined(__MWERKS__)
#include "mw_stdarg.h"
#else
#error "This header only supports __MWERKS__."
#endif
make[1]: *** [pcre-7.9/.libs/(LIBNAME).dylib] Error 2
make: *** [pcre] Error 2
let's start from the top

make -C tools/osx/osx-depends distclean
make -C tools/osx/osx-depends
make -C tools/osx/osx-depends/xbmc

stop if you get any errors, pasting the entire output of what you get.

10.4sdk is required, as is building under xcode3. I don't support xcode4 right now, it's too buggy.
Thanks for the response Davilla

I have run the commands as posted above and encounter the same issue.

Please find below a full output from Terminal.

http://pastebin.com/MjHPZxjY
JustMeD Wrote:Thanks for the response Davilla

I have run the commands as posted above and encounter the same issue.

Please find below a full output from Terminal.

http://pastebin.com/MjHPZxjY

Looks like you don't have 10.4 SDK.
ls -l /Developer/SDKs
Do you see MacOSX10.4u.sdk ?

Edit: I looked a bit fast: "/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/include/stdarg.h:4:25: error: stdarg.h: No such file or directory"
So it looks like you have the 10.4 SDK but it might not be installed properly.
What does the following command give you? find /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -name stdarg.h
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Beenje Wrote:Looks like you don't have 10.4 SDK.
ls -l /Developer/SDKs
Do you see MacOSX10.4u.sdk ?

Edit: I looked a bit fast: "/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/include/stdarg.h:4:25: error: stdarg.h: No such file or directory"
So it looks like you have the 10.4 SDK but it might not be installed properly.
What does the following command give you? find /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -name stdarg.h

Beenje thanks for the advice. I ran the command as suggested and can confirm that the 10.4u.sdk is in place. What is strange is now I can compile with no problems so thanks for the help.

Also my main reason for compiling is that I wanted to test the issue I was having with dual displays and can confirm that the problem I was facing is caused by a recent change to the following file.

/xbmc/windowing/osx/WinSystemOSX.mm

Since reverting to the e54cec07 change by Davilla on the 8th March I have made my own build and fixed the dual screen problem.

Thanks

D
JustMeD Wrote:Beenje thanks for the advice. I ran the command as suggested and can confirm that the 10.4u.sdk is in place. What is strange is now I can compile with no problems so thanks for the help.

Also my main reason for compiling is that I wanted to test the issue I was having with dual displays and can confirm that the problem I was facing is caused by a recent change to the following file.

/xbmc/windowing/osx/WinSystemOSX.mm

Since reverting to the e54cec07 change by Davilla on the 8th March I have made my own build and fixed the dual screen problem.

Thanks

D

the only change in WinSystemOSX.mm for e54cec07 was an include addition. So I'm at a lost as to how this fixed the problem.
davilla, may I suggest an update to README.osx?

After cloning xbmc/xbmc from github, I got several "__stack_chk_xxxxxx symbol undefined" errors running "$ make -C tools/osx/osx-depends" (make stopped at yasm) in the master branch.

This was solved (for me) by running "make -C tools/osx/osx-depends distclean" before "make -C tools/osx/osx-depends".

I assume that making the distclean target will never hurt Wink, so maybe you could add that step to section 3.1 of the README.osx?

Cheers,
Fred
davilla Wrote:the only change in WinSystemOSX.mm for e54cec07 was an include addition. So I'm at a lost as to how this fixed the problem.

Davilla

It's the changes made after your last commit e54cec07 that seem to cause the problem. Once I reverted to your last commit everything works again. Maybe the issue is just unique to my setup as I have mentioned it on the forum but haven't received one reply.

This is the change that is causing me problems.

1d0c2f3e gimli [osx] Workaround to fix fullscreen switching in multi monitor setup. May 08, 2011
davilla has already reverted this commit here:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/9e0a...aaf6819248
Memphiz Wrote:davilla has already reverted this commit here:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/9e0a...aaf6819248

Memphiz I have tried a build with that revert in place but the problem still exists. Its the changes in this file which was changed on the same day that cause the problem.

WinSystemOSX.mm

I reverted back to Davilla's older version and compiled my own build and it works perfectly.
1d0c2f3e fully reverted in b530d97e1092f9a0744655b31422066076ed6859
davilla Wrote:1d0c2f3e fully reverted in b530d97e1092f9a0744655b31422066076ed6859

Thanks Davilla

Tested and working perfectly .. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Snow Leopard Compile Errors0