[REQUEST] Hide parent folder item setting for TVshows and movies
Hello,

Is it possible to implement support to set if you want to hide parent folder item for TV shows and movies individually? I am aware of this setting, and I prefer to hide parent item for movies, but this also hides the parent i TV shows which makes it impossible to travel through TV shows, seaons and backwards.

Mam
I have looked more closely at it. What I actually need it a way to disable to "root" parent where I see options 'Genres', 'Title', 'Year', 'Actors', 'Directors', 'Studios'. So top level should be the default level when entering e.g. Tv Shows from main menu.

Mam
As a workaround, you could set xbmc to hide parent folders and then bind a key on your remote for "back", which has the same function as going to the parent folder.
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
rausch101 Wrote:As a workaround, you could set xbmc to hide parent folders and then bind a key on your remote for "back", which has the same function as going to the parent folder.

Hm, that is a good solution.
Have you any idea how to solve the "main" problem my setting the top level of parent tree to be the level when you enter eg. tv shows from main menu?

Mam
activatewindow(videolibrary,tvshowtitles,return) where the ,return is the key.
spiff Wrote:activatewindow(videolibrary,tvshowtitles,return) where the ,return is the key.

Please explain, I have been trying to search the code, but as a newbie, I cannot find how to disable the parent link to "genres, title, etc..." page.

Mam
mamruoc Wrote:Please explain, I have been trying to search the code, but as a newbie, I cannot find how to disable the parent link to "genres, title, etc..." page.

Mam

I believe spiff is saying that you should bind whichever key/button you are using to get to the parent TV show level to:

activatewindow(videolibrary,tvshowtitles,[key of your choosing])

Read up on the keymap.xml (I think that's what it's called) for how to do this
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
no that's not what i'm saying.

that's how you would do your calls from the skin from the button on the home page. this will set the tvshowtitles to be the root, and whenever you do parent directory from there, we go to previous menu. i.e. i answered the asked question.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Hide parent folder item setting for TVshows and movies0