Three shows suddenly disappeared from library
Question 
Something weird happened yesterday:

I turned on my Mac Mini with XBMC, and it scanned for new content. I had only added a few videos.

But when i went to the title view (library mode), three of the other shows suddenly had no episodes. The weird thing is that these 3 shows (directories) haven't had any changes for months! No files added/moved/renamed or anything.

I then went to settings and cleaned the library, but the only result was that these 3 shows were completely removed - they no longer show up at all in library mode.

They are available in file mode, without any problems.

Does anyone know what may have caused this, and how to have them readded? Do i really need to rebuild the entire library?

I'm using build r25010.
Open your database in an sqlite3 editor (eg sqlite3 from the command line) and check the path table using:

Code:
select * from path;

It may simply be that the paths are stored incorrectly.

Ofcourse, I'm assuming that it's not due to those shows being watched and you have "hide watched" on.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The 3 shows were in the paths table (with correct paths), and right before them there was a record with path "/" - i have no idea how that ended up there. I tried to remove the / record, but that didn't solve the problem.

If I do "clean database", the shows are removed. But it looks like they are readded next time i start XBMC (when it scans for new content) - but still they are only added in the TV Shows list, without any content (episodes/seasons)

Very weird... I did not "hide watched".
Anyone knows what i can do to get these shows back?
What are the episode filenames?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Hmm... i thought they had regular naming, so I didn't even think of that, but it makes sense now:

None of them have the regular SxxExx format:

Show 1: Show.Name.Year.E01.episode.name.avi
Show 2: Show - 01 - Episode Name.avi
Show 3: 01-Show Name.avi

And I just realized that this happened after i upgraded r25010.

So obviously something changed in the episode recognition function, between "Babylon - 9.04" build i had before, and r25010 - because they were recognized without problems before.

Bug or feature?
Do you have any custom regexps? Those should never be picked up.
No, no mods at all.

But when thinking about it, it is possible that those shows never were indexed in the beginning, but I didn't notice that they were missing until they appeared in the list without any episodes.

But what you are saying is that i should just rename them - they are not supposed to be identified? (i must make a custom regex if i want them to get auto indexed?)
can you navigate the sources/shows in file mode (turn off library) ?

recently the option for default user/password was removed, so maybe you will have to re-input your user/pass for those shows access (if they are on the network).
TeknoJnky Wrote:can you navigate the sources/shows in file mode (turn off library) ?

recently the option for default user/password was removed, so maybe you will have to re-input your user/pass for those shows access (if they are on the network).
Yes, no problems in file mode. Already made sure user/pass was correct, but all other shows are on same network drive, so that would affect all shows.

Why was the default user/pass removed by the way? The constant user/pass prompts was one of the main reasons i stopped using Plex!
XBMC only ever prompts you once for a user/pass for a particular folder - it has a wee option to save it.

Question 
jmarshall Wrote:XBMC only ever prompts you once for a user/pass for a particular folder - it has a wee option to save it.

But that still means 10 prompts if i add 10 different shares from one server...
I mean, since a default user already was implemented, why remove it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Three shows suddenly disappeared from library0