Live-Version vs. Ubuntu 9.10 & XBMX 9.11 Alpha2
Hi everyone,

I've had a Problem of running smooth 1080p Videos in XBMC. I solved it now but in a dirty way. What I need is a suggestion what the error was.
I have an asrock ion 330ht bd with ubuntu 9.10 and the latest Nvidia Drivers from Homepage (25.11.). Got XBMC 9.11 Alpha2 installed and running in 1920 resolution. My Problem was that I never got a Video running in a perfect way. Either it has the stuttering effect or there where syncing lines in picture. I've tried every hint in this Forum (xorg mods, every hz setting ...). But none worked perfect. I also found out that my 200hz Truemotion TV has some settings for refresh rate. Anyway, after Days of testing I gave up and startet the latest XBMC-live version. Cd in, and worked perfect from the beginning (just needed to activate vdpau).
Now I want to install Ubuntu 9.04 with older Nvidia drivers and an older XBMC Version.
But first I want to know what the error was? Nvidia driver?XBMC version?Ubuntu 9.10? Any suggestion?
check for cpu throttling
You mean overclocking in BIOS?
In Ubuntu I don't know how to throttle, guess it makes by automatic.
My definition of smooth seems to be unclear: I mean, this typical missing frame on 24hz which nearly everyone has had problems with. The CPU is at 6%, so no problems there.
This problem I get fixed with vsync, but then I have a horizontal flicker.
He does not mean over clocking in bios.
Read the live sticky.
Tested some points yesterday and found out that the only problem is Ubuntu 9.10.
I took ubuntu 9.04 installed newest xbmc and nvidia drivers and it worked out of the box.No settings except for vdpau needed. Took less than 5 Minutes without installation process.
I had the same problem. I updated the Nvidia driver and it solved the problem. I just followed this guide

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/install-nv...epidhardy.html
apohero Wrote:Tested some points yesterday and found out that the only problem is Ubuntu 9.10.
I took ubuntu 9.04 installed newest xbmc and nvidia drivers and it worked out of the box.No settings except for vdpau needed. Took less than 5 Minutes without installation process.

same issue for me. I installed ubuntu 9.10, then I updated manually the system with the latest nvidia driver but the video on xbmc 9.11 final doesn't play smoothly,
I installed XBMC Live and works everything perfect. I installed the CIR Nuovoton driver for the remote (I have 2nd gen Asrock ion HT BD) and it works well.
Finally I tried to configure wifi in xbmc live and it connects to my lan but stops to work coninuosly when i start some operations over the network, now I'm using wired cable.
I want to use my Asrock to browse the internet too... may be I will try to install firefox on this distro next days.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live-Version vs. Ubuntu 9.10 & XBMX 9.11 Alpha20