[Live] IMON LCD/IR full install with MCEUSB on Ubuntu 9.10 and XBMC 9.11 Camelot
Nik1984 Wrote:display is now working while playing video.
However no icon's are shown. But nevertheless it is now all working better then I ever hoped!!
Thank you for this guide, really helped me alot!

maybe you make the icon part again.....

i´ve reinstall my system yesterday with my tutorial and it works....

greetz muggi
Tried that already, still does not work. However I don't care much about the icons.
I have another question.
When shutting down my htpc the backlight of my lcd keeps lit, how can I turn the lcd completely of when my htpc is shutdown?
Thanks, I finally have a working LCD
Nik1984 Wrote:I have another question.
When shutting down my htpc the backlight of my lcd keeps lit, how can I turn the lcd completely of when my htpc is shutdown?

Not possible. Its a known bug in lcdproc. I'm about ready to take a pair of wire cutters to it. Thing drives me nuts, and the damn display isn't that nice.
noumenon Wrote:Not possible. Its a known bug in lcdproc. I'm about ready to take a pair of wire cutters to it. Thing drives me nuts, and the damn display isn't that nice.
Ok that sucks...
Btw, isn't it easier to jus unplug the lcd from the motherboard instead of cutting the wires Smile
I want to use the IR receiver to power on the machine, and with my variant I'm not sure it is possible to unplug one without unplugging the other. I haven't looked at it in a while though... been playing with software. I need to crack open the ole case again.

noumenon

edit: just took apart the entire display assembly. I don't think its possible to get power to the IR receiver and not the display panel. grrr.
Nik1984 Wrote:display is now working while playing video.
However no icon's are shown. But nevertheless it is now all working better then I ever hoped!!
Thank you for this guide, really helped me alot!

hi,

i think i found the mistake in the tutorial.

if you have stored the imon.pl in the root folder, the default user can not read the file, because the root folder has without config only owner permissions.

set the permissions of the root folder to 755 and it should work.

pleas reply if it work and i will update the tutorial

greetz muggi
muggi Wrote:hi,

i think i found the mistake in the tutorial.

if you have stored the imon.pl in the root folder, the default user can not read the file, because the root folder has without config only owner permissions.

set the permissions of the root folder to 755 and it should work.

pleas reply if it work and i will update the tutorial

greetz muggi
Already tried that (and putting imon.pl in another folder and change startup script):
Quote:xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ sudo ls -l /root/
total 4
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2383 2009-12-09 20:18 imon.pl
But that didn't work either..
Nik1984 Wrote:Already tried that (and putting imon.pl in another folder and change startup script):

But that didn't work either..

Hi

did you enabled your Webserver with the Default entrys and wizthout password?
Software: XBMC Live Skin: Modded Confluence AppleTV2: XBMC....rocks
KARATELIGHT
Hey muggi, many thx for this nice guide, I have the same or almost the same case (Silverstone ML02MX) with an imon pad remote and it perfectly helped me setting it up! However, with my imon LCD 0083 i have the problem that it still blanks out during video playback regardless what i change in the LCD.xml. Sad Perhaps it's because i'm using the 9.11 RC1 (perhaps i should try out switching to camelot now..) and i don't know if lcd things have changed since b1.
Anyway, what i did so far is this: I set up the lcd correctly (on ubuntu 9.10), get display information correctly and it also works fine in xbmc menu. I set <disableonplay>video</disableonplay> to <disableonplay></disableonplay> OR delete the whole line in /usr/share/xbmc/userdata/LCD.xml, set display correctly to 16x2, do choose normal test text lines to the <video> tag, whatever i do it will blank out when i start video playback. Don't know what else to look for. I'm not even trying to set up icon playback now i just want to display normal text. Curious enough, when pressing pause the lcd turns on again and displays some info lines, however none of these info lines were entered by me in LCD.xml Eek
gokudo Wrote:Hey muggi, many thx for this nice guide, I have the same or almost the same case (Silverstone ML02MX) with an imon pad remote and it perfectly helped me setting it up! However, with my imon LCD 0083 i have the problem that it still blanks out during video playback regardless what i change in the LCD.xml. Sad Perhaps it's because i'm using the 9.11 RC1 (perhaps i should try out switching to camelot now..) and i don't know if lcd things have changed since b1.
Anyway, what i did so far is this: I set up the lcd correctly (on ubuntu 9.10), get display information correctly and it also works fine in xbmc menu. I set <disableonplay>video</disableonplay> to <disableonplay></disableonplay> OR delete the whole line in /usr/share/xbmc/userdata/LCD.xml, set display correctly to 16x2, do choose normal test text lines to the <video> tag, whatever i do it will blank out when i start video playback. Don't know what else to look for. I'm not even trying to set up icon playback now i just want to display normal text. Curious enough, when pressing pause the lcd turns on again and displays some info lines, however none of these info lines were entered by me in LCD.xml Eek

hi.... i only delete the video entry in the lcd.xml...
this was also my problem by setting up to rc1

may search at /home/.xbmc/userdata/lcd.xml
Software: XBMC Live Skin: Modded Confluence AppleTV2: XBMC....rocks
KARATELIGHT
muggi Wrote:Hi

did you enabled your Webserver with the Default entrys and wizthout password?
When I updated to RC1 the icons worked all of a sudden, no idea why...
Did not yet checked with the final version.
muggi Wrote:may search at /home/.xbmc/userdata/lcd.xml

Oh, i totally overlooked that, thx! Smile
muggi Wrote:Setup your pretty Imon Icons

This guide based on another Thread in this forum(http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...imon+icons). I added a part here to complete the installation of the lcd. It check over the webserver if something is playing curently. So you have to enable your webserver with the standard port und user and without password

1.go into Terminal as root

1.1 install this perlmodule

sudo apt-get install libwww-perl

1.2 edit LCD.xml to see Text and Icons while playing.

edit /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/lcd.xml

second line edit

Code:
<disableonplay>video</disableonplay>

to

<disableonplay></disableonplay>

2. make a file named imon.pl
sudo nano /root/imon.pl

3. paste the folowing code in the file

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use HTTP::Request::Common;
use LWP::UserAgent;
use IO::Socket;

my $sockres;
my $sock;

#see here for details of imon lcd driver output control bits
#http://lcdproc.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lcdproc/lcdproc/server/drivers/imonlcd.c?view=markup

$sock = new IO::Socket::INET (PeerAddr => 'localhost', PeerPort => '13666', Proto => 'tcp', );

die "Could not create socket: $!\n" unless $sock;

print $sock "hello\n";

$sockres = readline $sock;

do
{

my $output = "";

my $progress = 0;
my $icondata = 0;

my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
my $res = $ua->request(GET 'http://localhost:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=GetCurrentlyPlaying');

if ($res->is_success)
{
   $output = $res->content;

#remove html tags
   $output =~ s/<html>//gi;
   $output =~ s/<.html>//gi;
   $output =~ s/<li>//gi;
}

my @lines = split(/\n/, $output);

foreach my $val (@lines)
{
   if ($val =~ /Filename:/i)
   {
      if ($val =~ /.mpg/i)  { $icondata = $icondata | (1<<19) }; #turn on MPG icon
      if ($val =~ /.mpeg/i) { $icondata = $icondata | (1<<19) }; #turn on MPG icon
      if ($val =~ /.avi/i)  { $icondata = $icondata | (2<<19) }; #turn on DIVX icon
      if ($val =~ /.wmv/i)  { $icondata = $icondata | (4<<19) }; #turn on WMV icon

if ($val =~ /.wma/i) { $icondata = $icondata | (3<<13) }; #turn on WMA icon
      if ($val =~ /.mp3/i) { $icondata = $icondata | (1<<13) }; #turn on MP3 icon
      if ($val =~ /.ogg/i) { $icondata = $icondata | (2<<13) }; #turn on OGG icon
      if ($val =~ /.wav/i) { $icondata = $icondata | (4<<13) }; #turn on WAV icon
   }

if ($val =~ /Type:/)
   {
      if ($val =~ /Video/i) { $icondata = $icondata | (2<<1) }; #turn on MOVIE icon
      if ($val =~ /Video/i) { $icondata = $icondata | 1 }; # enable play animation
      if ($val =~ /Audio/i) { $icondata = $icondata | (1<<1) }; # turn on MUSIC icon
      if ($val =~ /Audio/i) { $icondata = $icondata | 1 }; # enable play animation
      if ($val =~ /Picture/i) { $icondata = $icondata | (3<<1) }; # turn on PHOTO icon
   }

if ($val =~ /Percentage:/)
   {
      $val =~ s/Percentage://i;
      $progress = $val *32 / 100;
   }
}

printf $sock "output %i\n",$icondata;

sleep 1;

printf $sock "output %i\n",(($progress <<6) | (1<<28)); # configure upper progress bar

sleep 1;

} while 1;

close $sock;

4.make it executeable
sudo chmod +x imon.pl

I let it in the root directory. If you want to copy it in another dir, you have to modify the start script

5. Make the start script

sudo nano /etc/init.d/imon

copy the code in this file

Code:
#!/bin/bash
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: Imon Icons
# Required-Start: $network
# Required-Stop: $network
# Default-Start: 2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop: 0 1 6
# Description: Start, Stop or Restart IMon Icons
### END INIT INFO

# Shell functions sourced from /etc/rc.status:
# set -e
# Reset status of this service
# rc_reset

#
case "$1" in
start)
echo -n "Starting Imon Icons "
/root/imon.pl &

;;
stop)
echo -n "Shutting down Imon Icons "
/usr/bin/killall imon.pl

;;
restart)
echo -n "Restart Imon Icons "
$0 stop
sleep 20
$0 start
;;
*)
echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart}"
exit 1
;;
esac
# rc_exit
exit 0

6. make it executable and set it to autostart

chmod 755 /etc/init.d/imon

7. Now you can test it with:
sudo /etc/init.d/imon start

and play now a media file in xbmc..... you´ll see the icons....Big Grin

8. Now add it to autostart(this works on my machine good)

sudo update-rc.d imon defaults 65 65

Greetz Muggi

and

thanks to Phantasm4489 for this Icon-Script...

Thnx muggi, works like a charm on my antec remote with xbmc camelot

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] IMON LCD/IR full install with MCEUSB on Ubuntu 9.10 and XBMC 9.11 Camelot1