[Live] IMON LCD/IR full install with MCEUSB on Ubuntu 9.10 and XBMC 9.11 Camelot
Hi
somebody maybe have some upgraded script for IMON with all ICONs ?

like H.264, DTS, AC3 etc. and showing wich are speakers use ... ?
Thumbs Up 
Hello,

First of all thanks for the great tutorial Muggi. It probably will save my day. I know it is going to be a bit off the topic but I have a question redarding your hardware setup. I have purchased the same motherboard (Zotac ION with Atom N330) and I am planning to buy the same case (SST-ML02B-MXR). On Silverstone's site it says the CPU cooler sould be at most 37 mm in height. It doesnt't give the exact case dimensions but the pictures suggest that motherboard may not fit if used with its heatsink and stock cooler. So does it fit? Or did you change them with a shorter one?
Hello to all.

I think this is at least the tenth tutorial I followed to run my remote-control for XBMC Live 9.11.
And now I am at a loss. I have no more ideas where I can configure, change or install any more :confused2:

I hope anyone can help me. My configuration is:
XBMC Live 9.11
Antec Fusion Remote Max
Microsoft Remote Control (MCE) RC6 (Model 1039)

And my problem is: No chance to run my remote control.

I know that it can be no hardware-error. Because on XBMC Live 9.04 the same equipment runs direct after the installation. Without any configurations.

Meanwhile I configured, deletet, (re)createt and modified and copied so many and miscellaneous files that I am not sure anymore which files or folders are necessary for an functional remote control and which not Eek:confused2:

I would be gratefule for any little help in my case but also (more) for a "step by step" instruction from the end of the installation of XBMC Live to a running remote control.

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oliver
berserk Wrote:Hello,

First of all thanks for the great tutorial Muggi. It probably will save my day. I know it is going to be a bit off the topic but I have a question redarding your hardware setup. I have purchased the same motherboard (Zotac ION with Atom N330) and I am planning to buy the same case (SST-ML02B-MXR). On Silverstone's site it says the CPU cooler sould be at most 37 mm in height. It doesnt't give the exact case dimensions but the pictures suggest that motherboard may not fit if used with its heatsink and stock cooler. So does it fit? Or did you change them with a shorter one?

Hi,

thezotac ionboard(with large aluminiumcooler and fan on top)fits exactly in this case.

But i change the buildtin power supply (it beeps and interupt a little bit the audio output.)

i modded it with pico psu. Mini and absolut noiseless. The only thing is to mod the powersupply of the LCD/IR Reciever.

greetz muggi
Software: XBMC Live Skin: Modded Confluence AppleTV2: XBMC....rocks
KARATELIGHT
berserk Wrote:Hello,

I've got the same board and case and I run mine fine without the cpu cooler.
I just moved the case fan into a position just next to the cpu. The case is designed to allow you to mount the case fan in several places. With this done it runs perfectly fine. I did try it with the cpu fan and it did fit but it was very noisy as it made a whistling noise through the vents on the top of the case.

piotrasd Wrote:Hi
somebody maybe have some upgraded script for IMON with all ICONs ?

like H.264, DTS, AC3 etc. and showing wich are speakers use ... ?

Its not possible to read this information from the http interface, so no you can't control the full set of icons unfortunately. It would require some changes to xbmc to report the extra info via the http interface.
muggi Wrote:Hi,

thezotac ionboard(with large aluminiumcooler and fan on top)fits exactly in this case.

But i change the buildtin power supply (it beeps and interupt a little bit the audio output.)

i modded it with pico psu. Mini and absolut noiseless. The only thing is to mod the powersupply of the LCD/IR Reciever.

greetz muggi

Thanks a lot. You brought great news Laugh
Quote:Now we setup the LCD

I prefer a manual compiled and installed version of lcdproc to edit the render frequency(scrolling speed) of the text.

1.login as root in terminal
Code:
wget http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourc...5.3.tar.gz
tar xvfz lcdproc-0.5.3.tar.gz

rm lcdproc-0.5.3.tar.gz

cd lcdproc-0.5.3/

5. Change #define RENDER_FREQ 8 to #define RENDER_FREQ 2
nano server/main.h

and save it.

Now we have to compile it. I need to install automake via apt-get
sudo apt-get install automake

E: Couldn't find package automake

I'm a linux newbie, a little help? Smile

Thanks in advance!
-Erik
Also, I had 1 small issue to the point where I am right this moment... My ok button would not work and I looked into it and in your keymap.xml and lircd.conf and found the issue... you are assigning

#KEY_OK 0x0200002800000000 # OK -- same code as KEY_ENTER
and
KEY_ENTER 0x0200002800000000 # ENTER

but then the keymap calls for

<select>#KEY_OK</select>

Should be

<select>KEY_ENTER</select>

Just a friendly note for future people using this guide Smile
-Erik
Hi,

I have an Antec VERIS IR only module (Multimedia Station Basic) with XBMC Live and tried to follow the guide above to get it configured, but it still does not work..

When I run this command

sudo irw

I get an error, no such file or directory. Have verifed all the files are there and Lirc

I tried running
sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc

I get the guided setup, select Antec VERIS IR, but get an error at the end

: not foundardware.conf: 10: (yes its missing the "h" for hardware )..

Appreciate if someone can guide me to what I'm doing wrong. Guess the module does not register as the same name (REMOTE="Soundgraph iMON IR/LCD"), and am lost at finding what its registered as..

The BACK and ENTER buttons on the remote work. Need to get power ON/OFF via remote working for this unit as its critical for WAF, as this unit will in the bedroom and can't have the unit in standby as we only use it occasionaly.

Am new to Unix..

Should I re-install XBMC Live ?

Thanks
Happy New Year everyone, all the best for the year ahead.

Wondering if anyone else has this problem, I've compiled the package and that went through ok. But running the test command I get the following.

Code:
root@XBMCLive:/var/log# LCDd -f -r 4
[color=Silver]LCDd version 0.5.3 starting
Built on Dec 31 2009, protocol version 0.3, API version 0.5
Using Configuration File: /usr/local/etc/LCDd.conf
Set report level to 4, output to stderr
LCDd 0.5.3, LCDproc Protocol 0.3
Part of the LCDproc suite
Copyright (C) 1998-2009 William Ferrell, Scott Scriven
                        and many other contributors

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation,
Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
[/color]
Server running in foreground
Listening for queries on 127.0.0.1:13666
imonlcd: using Device /dev/lcd0
[color=Red]imonlcd: ERROR opening /dev/lcd0 (No such file or directory).
imonlcd: Did you load the iMON kernel module?
Driver [imonlcd] init failed, return code -1
Module /usr/local/lib/lcdproc/imonlcd.so could not be loaded
Could not load driver imonlcd
There is no output driver
Critical error while initializing, abort.[/color]

root@XBMCLive:/var/log# ls -l /usr/local/lib/lcdproc/imonlcd.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 26817 2009-12-31 11:27 /usr/local/lib/lcdproc/imonlcd.so
root@XBMCLive:/var/log# ls -l /dev/lcd0
ls: cannot access /dev/lcd0: No such file or directory
root@XBMCLive:/var/log# ls -l

Oh further to this I've only run through the 3 post in this thread where it's start setting up the LCD. I have a working remote so dont require lirc, incase there is something from there I need??

Just looks like the device is not being created and the module cant load?

Case : Moncaso 932 with the iMon VFD display this proper LCD display that acts as a second screen. Just realised it's not the 16x2 LCD display!! Sad
Tainted Wrote:Happy New Year everyone, all the best for the year ahead.

Wondering if anyone else has this problem, I've compiled the package and that went through ok. But running the test command I get the following.

Code:
root@XBMCLive:/var/log# LCDd -f -r 4
[color=Silver]LCDd version 0.5.3 starting
Built on Dec 31 2009, protocol version 0.3, API version 0.5
Using Configuration File: /usr/local/etc/LCDd.conf
Set report level to 4, output to stderr
LCDd 0.5.3, LCDproc Protocol 0.3
Part of the LCDproc suite
Copyright (C) 1998-2009 William Ferrell, Scott Scriven
                        and many other contributors

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation,
Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
[/color]
Server running in foreground
Listening for queries on 127.0.0.1:13666
imonlcd: using Device /dev/lcd0
[color=Red]imonlcd: ERROR opening /dev/lcd0 (No such file or directory).
imonlcd: Did you load the iMON kernel module?
Driver [imonlcd] init failed, return code -1
Module /usr/local/lib/lcdproc/imonlcd.so could not be loaded
Could not load driver imonlcd
There is no output driver
Critical error while initializing, abort.[/color]

root@XBMCLive:/var/log# ls -l /usr/local/lib/lcdproc/imonlcd.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 26817 2009-12-31 11:27 /usr/local/lib/lcdproc/imonlcd.so
root@XBMCLive:/var/log# ls -l /dev/lcd0
ls: cannot access /dev/lcd0: No such file or directory
root@XBMCLive:/var/log# ls -l

Oh further to this I've only run through the 3 post in this thread where it's start setting up the LCD. I have a working remote so dont require lirc, incase there is something from there I need??

Just looks like the device is not being created and the module cant load?

Case : Moncaso 932 with the iMon VFD display. Just clicked it's no the LCD display!! Sad

if you have a vfd ... you ´ll need to get the lcd (0038) steps to vfd (ffdc) settings. i cant test it.... so try it.... if it works, you can modify my tutorial for vfd displays.....
KARATELIGHT
burritoboy9984 Wrote:E: Couldn't find package automake

Thanks in advance!
-Erik

hi

if apt-get install automake not works, check your repositories. you´ll need the standard ubuntu repo´s for this.

greetz muggi
KARATELIGHT
burritoboy9984 Wrote:E: Couldn't find package automake

Thanks in advance!
-Erik

I had the same problem. You probably just need to freshen your package index. Just run this command:

sudo apt-get update

This will update your package indices and then your system will be able to find the automake package. At least that's how it went with me.

-berserk
muggi Wrote:Setup your pretty Imon Icons
1.2 edit LCD.xml to see Text and Icons while playing.

edit /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/lcd.xml

Probably not a big deal but I guess the path should be something like /home/${YOURUSER}/.xbmc/userdate/lcd.xml. That's where I found it at least Smile

Really great tutorial by the way. Worked like a charm. I have one question though. I am using a harmony universal remote and I configured it as a MCE remote for iMon. It claims to have a "Subtitle" and an "Audio" (not "My Audio", but something like a "Language") buttons. I think tehy can be used to change the movie subtitle and language. However I could not find their IR codes in order to register them in /etc/lirc/lircd.conf. Does anybody know what they are or how I can find them?

-berserk
berserk Wrote:Probably not a big deal but I guess the path should be something like /home/${YOURUSER}/.xbmc/userdate/lcd.xml. That's where I found it at least Smile

Really great tutorial by the way. Worked like a charm. I have one question though. I am using a harmony universal remote and I configured it as a MCE remote for iMon. It claims to have a "Subtitle" and an "Audio" (not "My Audio", but something like a "Language") buttons. I think tehy can be used to change the movie subtitle and language. However I could not find their IR codes in order to register them in /etc/lirc/lircd.conf. Does anybody know what they are or how I can find them?

-berserk

hi berserk,

maybe you can programm your harmony with these buttons, start irw in the terminal an add it to the conf´s

greetz muggi, i add the location of the lcd.xml in my tut....
KARATELIGHT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] IMON LCD/IR full install with MCEUSB on Ubuntu 9.10 and XBMC 9.11 Camelot1