Any way to get precipitation amounts in the Weather section?
Hi guys,

I am new to XBMC. GREAT SW, a true testament to what fabulous stuff Open Source can lead to... My wife and kids love it - now that's worth my efforts so far (to build a new HTPC and to install and customize XBMC...

Now, with regards to the above, the Weather section customization, is there any way to get the precipitation levels indicated? For people living in areas where it either snows or rains a lot it will be very important to see how much it will snow/ rain, and not see that it will rain...

I see that we may have a challenge doing that, as when I checked Weather.com I saw no such info available. If this is the case, is there any way to replace the provider, maybe integrating with theweathernetwork, which is the best.

I hope that there's a way to do this, so that the Weather tab/ section can become even more useful.

Thank you.
There's a couple of other weather plugins available - the weather channel for instance.

It's installable via the svn repo installer I think, and Confluence incorporates it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:There's a couple of other weather plugins available - the weather channel for instance.

It's installable via the svn repo installer I think, and Confluence incorporates it.

Is there a way to substitute the weather tab info with the one from a plugin?
I thought that you'd have to manually run the plugin, separately, from Scripts, I suppose.
Is it a way to adjust the setup so that when you go to Weather you actually get to see the info from the plugin, but you still get to use the nice layout from the skin and the weather tab?

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I'm new to the SW... Thanks.
See the skin settings - some skins allow you to take from some other plugin, yes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I hope it would be one of my favs: Confluence, Aeon, Mediastream, or Rieper.
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to get precipitation amounts in the Weather section?0