New TV Show Episodes Not Showing Up
I recently downloaded XBMC 9.11 Beta 1 for OSX and have been very happy with its performance as well as the new Confluence skin. After installing and the initial scrap of all my content (only movies and tv shows) I started ripping some of my tv shows off their dvds using mac the ripper in hopes of adding them to my library. I did a test with one episode and it worked perfectly, so I let the rest of the season rip and added the files to their proper folder and named (S#E# - Episode Title). After opening XBMC I watched as it scanned for new content, but then went away very quickly without noticing any of the new files I had added. To make sure I went into library mode and there was still only the first show that I had used to test and no others. However, in looking at the directory in file mode all episodes are present.

I then decided to get a fresh install hoping that this would right my problem. I went through the exact same steps as before, but with the fresh install all the episodes were in Library mode. I figured I had solved it and went on to ripping the next season of the same show. Again everything named properly and in the expected hierarchy of folders and again all the episodes will show up in file mode, but not in the more attractive library mode.

I've tried both "update library" and "scan for new content" options multiple time, but to no avail. Any help on this would be appreciated as installing a fresh copy of XBMC every time I want to add new content seems a little crazy.
Information on your exact directory layout would be useful. As would information on which scraper you're using, and ideally a Debug Log while scanning.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Directory layout goes as follows (it is an external usb drive):
Media/TV Shows/Show Name/Season #/S#E# - Episode Title

My scrapper for Tv Shows is thetvdb

And I enabled debugging but dont know where the log is stored to. Ill gladly send it along once found.

Thanks
I am having the exact same problem. See my thread here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post450374
tsadler Wrote:Directory layout goes as follows (it is an external usb drive):
Media/TV Shows/Show Name/Season #/S#E# - Episode Title

My scrapper for Tv Shows is thetvdb

And I enabled debugging but dont know where the log is stored to. Ill gladly send it along once found.

Thanks

Read somewhere that it still only scrapes thetvdb, could be wrong though, was in athread i read when thetvdb went down last time.

But anyhow think thetvdb may be having problems again as can't seem to scrape new stuff added and if re-sccrape stuff it seems to disappear.... and a real clue is that if you try and go direct to site you just get errors....
Quote:Network Timeout

The operation timed out when attempting to contact thetvdb.com.

The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.

* Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary failure? Try again later.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.

* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

* Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.
I don't know the best way to upload my debug logs as they are very long. I did both an 'update library' and a 'scan for new content' and have logs for each, so if someone could help me in uploading them that would be great. My problem still persists and I've tried to add more content but it still will not show up in library mode. Thanks.
I am having a very similar problem.

I can not get my TV Shows to show in library mode. I am using the tvdb scraper. I have added advancedsettings.xml to the userdata folder and that looks like:

<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

My shows are located (on a mac) at /Volumes/Fileserver/TV Shows/SeriesTitle/Season ##/## EpisodeTitle.avi

I have been all over these forums and can not find any variation of the tvshowmatchingtag that works for me. Is there ANYTHING that I may be doing wrong?
bcamp929 Wrote:I am having a very similar problem.

I can not get my TV Shows to show in library mode. I am using the tvdb scraper. I have added advancedsettings.xml to the userdata folder and that looks like:

<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

My shows are located (on a mac) at /Volumes/Fileserver/TV Shows/SeriesTitle/Season ##/## EpisodeTitle.avi

I have been all over these forums and can not find any variation of the tvshowmatchingtag that works for me. Is there ANYTHING that I may be doing wrong?

Oh, and this has worked for me in the past with *less* problem... and at this point it will pick up very few random episodes...
Please all, look at my signature on how to properly request help (and provide the MANDATORY debug log.)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New TV Show Episodes Not Showing Up0