• 6(current)
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Hama MCE Remote Control to fully work in Ubuntu 9.04
slux Wrote:ok Ernie,I've got it!!Big Grin

First: compile the hama_mce bin and fire it up .
Second: make sure that the option "Allow programs on this system to control xbmc" is enabled.
Et voilà!!! It works perfectly!!!Also the infamous "i" key !!! Yeah NodNod

If you have problems,check with ps -ef if you see the hama_mce running and then check with netstat -a -n if udp port 9777 (eventserver) is listening.That's all!

We need this eventclient in Dharma final!!!PLEASEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Sorry, I think I have some serious noob questions. I've never worked with these eventclient things before and I'm having trouble finding a step by step tutorial.

How does this work for XBMC Live Dharma?
Do I download this and copy it over to my XBMC Live box?
How do I compile the bin?

I'm very new at this and feel like a helpless idiot. Tongue
Hi.
Read the all thread. All the info you need is here.

Anyway, try this:

Open up a console or ssh into your machine.

Code:
$ cd /usr/local/src
$ sudo wget http://trac.xbmc.org/attachment/ticket/8827/hama_mce-1.5.tar.gz
$ sudo tar xpvf hama_mce-1.5.tar.gz
$ sudo cd hama_mce-1.5
$ sudo apt-get install build-essential
$ sudo make
$ sudo make install
$ sudo reboot

Enjoy!

**EDIT**
tar command corrected and link tags removed.

/hudo
Thanks so much!

Is there anything I need to do with the file before I uncompress? I'm getting an error when attempting to uncompress after the wget.

It's telling me it's an HTML doc.

xxxxx@new-host:/usr/local/src$ file hama_mce-1.5.tar.gz
hama_mce-1.5.tar.gz: HTML document text
Ok, I think I figured part of it out. I needed to download the raw attachment -

http://trac.xbmc.org/raw-attachment/tick...1.5.tar.gz

After doing that I still am unable to uncompress. I get the following error:

xxxxx@new-host:/usr/local/src$ sudo tar xvzf hama_mce-1.5.tar.gz

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
Ok.
You're right.

It's not a tar.gz file. It's an uncompressed tar file... go figure.

Use the following command:

tar xpvf hama_mce-1.5.tar.gz

On another note, if you never compiled anything on that machine, you need to issue the following command or make will never work:

Code:
$ sudo apt-get install build-essential

Keep us posted on progress.

/hudo
Hudo, that worked perfectly! Thank you and everyone who has contributed here. I learned something new and fixed my remote. Smile
Good to know and glad I could help.

/hudo
Firstly, thanks for the event client, works perfectly!

Secondly, is there anyway to disable the event client when I launch something using the Launcher plugin. I'm thinking the best way to do it would be to launch a shell script that would kill it then launch the thing I want? Alas I'm fairly new to Linux, so a couple of pointers would go a long way Smile
fyfe u're the man!

Now for the questions:

Horscht Wrote:was anyone able to get the mousepad-thingy on the remote to work?

When I move the mouse with it, I don't see a mouse-pointer on the screen, but I see that I am actually highlighing stuff...

I'm having the same problem.. it seems xbmc hides pointer because the "real" mouse doesn't move. Ideas?

Another thing .. can the hardware be hooked only if xbmc is running? I need something similar that Juanjo did. I wan't to use other applications on my HTPC, not only XBMC.

Thanks
Top stuff fyfe, thanks!

How do I go about changing the button mappings?

Also, I have a Revo 3700 with Live on it (v10.0), can I get the power key to suspend and awak rather than power off?
Well, I've got an annoying problem.
I'm not able to untar this file.

I still get this message
Code:
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

I have seen that bump909 had the same problem, so I did all the things hudo wrote, like installing "build-essential" but if I want to untar it I still get that message.

How can I fix this ?
gripnrip Wrote:, can I get the power key to suspend and awak rather than power off?

I also want to know that Wink

Btw I untarred it with 7zip and copied to my htpc and installed it. It's working perfect Smile
Great work fyfe but I'm afraid it's not working 100% for me on an Acer Revo 36100 with a new install of XBMC 10.0

Juanjo Wrote:hi peeps, i have been using this hama_mce tool, I had the problem of the power button repeating itself, so after resuming from suspend (power button) it would suspend again . so i patched the code, in one line. if anyone has this problem let me know ill post the fix.

I've got the same problem on version 1.5 - thought it was supposed to be fixed!
Strangely resumes from suspend normally with every button except the power one. I've looked for the line that Juanjo said to edit but it doesn't seem to be present in v1.5

Juanjo Wrote:it seems the power key does not send a keyup code, so the program thinks its still pressed, there is probably a more elegant way to fix it, but since it is the only key i could find with that problem, i patched it here.

in file hama_mce.cpp, line 182:
if (repeat_fn != NULL && repeat_key != NULL)
change to
if (repeat_fn != NULL && repeat_key != NULL && repeat_key != "power")

still i have ditched this awesome tool, cos i quit xbmc and run tvtime for live tv, and this takes control over the remote, and it does not work with tvtime... im using a modified version of inputlirc guide also found in xbmc documentation now. only thing i cant make work is the mouse and diferentiating the right mouse button from the info button. the rest i mapped it all perfectly.

if/when i get another tv card ill surelly switch to tvheadend and definately go back to using hama_mce

Juanjo

---------
EDIT: I just downloaded the latest version, fyfe fixed the power button bug in the translation table

Anyway any help would be much appreciated - thanks in advance
hi

can you guys take a look into
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...=inputlirc

i can not get my cyberlink remote to work with xbmc and inputlirc
lenovo y530
nvidia gf 9600 512mb
Debian squeeze
hi,

is possible to use hama_mce event with VDR? how?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Hama MCE Remote Control to fully work in Ubuntu 9.042