• 8(current)
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Hama MCE Remote Control to fully work in Ubuntu 9.04
No, just Tvheadend I'm afraid.

Use yaVDR and ask the dev's help at vdrportal.de. They speak English and are very helpful.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi,

I'm all new to xbmc and remote control and i'm facing a problem.
Sorry to use this thread but didn't want to make a whole new one just to ask a question.

I own a hama mce remote and using windows 7 x64 & xbmc 10.1 and wanted to know if there was a way to use the configuration hints given on the first post of this thread on windows os?

thanks!
@xoanon

xoanon Wrote:I changed the setup a little because I liked the keyboard emulation of the Hama MCE for my Launcher ( ubuntu netbook-launcher )

hama_mce.rules
Code:
#
#  start the hama_mce HID parser/keycode translator for XBMC
#
#  There is also a LIRC driver available for this, but some buttons are unusable then, since
#  they send mouse button events instead of key press events.
#
# SYMLINK and MODE is not needed. but set the right OWNER!
BUS=="usb", ACTION=="add", SYSFS{idVendor}=="05a4", SYSFS{idProduct}=="9881", SYMLINK+="hamamce" OWNER="xbmc", MODE="0666"

now I can start the hama_mce binary ( read link doc ) and the xbmc with a little script. And only then the other input devices from the hama mce are dropped (keyboard/mouse).

Need some clarification. If you are running binary directly, then why do you have to change the hama_mce.rules. I didn't get that part.

Do you mind sharing your script. Curious to know how are you killing hama_mce when you exit XBMC. Something special or simple kill!
hello!

anyone an Idea if this still works in KODI and how to get the HAMA remote control working in KODI?

I messed up my HAMA remote control completely so nothing works anymore .... (irw shows (via ssh) the correct output when button pressed)
running KODI (15.0 ALPHA 1, OK still having the unstable PPAs but this should not make any difference - did not work in the XBMC 14 ALPHA2 release) on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.13.0-43-generic x86_64)

since KODI my HAMA remote control was broken ... play/pause and stop did not work, left right and standard keys did work. then after following this guide (in that thread and similar guide in the wiki - http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Configure_V...for_Ubuntu) nothing more is working!! Confused

any specific changes in the user data folder I missed?
please any help!

EDIT:
some output I got from irw:
69 0 KEY_LEFT /dev/input/irremote0
6a 0 KEY_RIGHT /dev/input/irremote0
6a 0 KEY_RIGHT /dev/input/irremote0
67 0 KEY_UP /dev/input/irremote0
6c 0 KEY_DOWN /dev/input/irremote0
1c 0 KEY_ENTER /dev/input/irremote0
a4 0 KEY_PLAYPAUSE /dev/input/irremote1
a6 0 KEY_STOPCD /dev/input/irremote1
1c 0 KEY_ENTER /dev/input/irremote0
rebuilding ....
none any idea?
rebuilding ....
Hi krijeck,
I have HAMA 52451, Kodi 14.0 Final on Linux Mint 17.1 (Rebecca).

I completely removed lirc
Code:
sudo apt-get --purge remove lirc

For me works perfectly this solution Hama remote patch for xbmc.
I only modified three things in Makefile:
1. replace "xbmc" with "kodi"
2. remove "-Werror" in CXXFLAGS define
3. add "-lpthreads" in LIBS define
(2014-12-29, 14:40)giogris Wrote: Hi krijeck,
I have HAMA 52451, Kodi 14.0 Final on Linux Mint 17.1 (Rebecca).

I completely removed lirc
Code:
sudo apt-get --purge remove lirc

For me works perfectly this solution Hama remote patch for xbmc.
I only modified three things in Makefile:
1. replace "xbmc" with "kodi"
2. remove "-Werror" in CXXFLAGS define
3. add "-lpthreads" in LIBS define

Which of the files from Hama remote patch for xbmc did you choose?
I tried the version 1.5 and it did not work!

any other or additional suggestions?
rebuilding ....
Im using the HAMA MCE Event Client since a very long time in a lot of XBMC Versions. This is the best solution Big Grin

This client based on the patch and is fixed since frodo, but a lot of people dont know about it. i searched over 1 year to found it......

https://github.com/xhaggi/xbmc-eventclient-hama-mce

But ther is a Problem with Kodi, 2 Buttons did not work properly right now - the yellow button for live-tv activation (DAMN!) and the blue one for music library. Try it out, you will net regret and maybe somone knows the commands for kodi to map the buttons again.
(2015-01-04, 23:10)lokipoki81 Wrote: Im using the HAMA MCE Event Client since a very long time in a lot of XBMC Versions. This is the best solution Big Grin

This client based on the patch and is fixed since frodo, but a lot of people dont know about it. i searched over 1 year to found it......

https://github.com/xhaggi/xbmc-eventclient-hama-mce

But ther is a Problem with Kodi, 2 Buttons did not work properly right now - the yellow button for live-tv activation (DAMN!) and the blue one for music library. Try it out, you will net regret and maybe somone knows the commands for kodi to map the buttons again.

Thanks! This worked!!!!
The keys (which were the reason for all my mess) still not working are the Pause and Play Button. ... seems that Play/Pause does not work properly in Live TV - in video mode they work.

will test .... thanks!
rebuilding ....
Everythink still works, all Buttons are mapped and just try i out ;D Check your PVR Settings for Time Shift, Pause and play works very well in PVR.

One Mistake, the blue button for music still works, only the yellow not annymore, it seems in Kodi they removed it......

If you got more Questions for it contact me over PN, there we can talk german.

Have a nice day with this masterpice vom xhaggi Big Grin
(2015-01-04, 23:45)lokipoki81 Wrote: Everythink still works, all Buttons are mapped and just try i out ;D Check your PVR Settings for Time Shift, Pause and play works very well in PVR.

One Mistake, the blue button for music still works, only the yellow not annymore, it seems in Kodi they removed it......

If you got more Questions for it contact me over PN, there we can talk german.

Have a nice day with this masterpice vom xhaggi Big Grin

All Buttons work as expected only as said before Pause and Play in PVR are not working. I think I have seen a different thread mentioning that there is a change in Kodi with PlayPause - just in PVR usage. not a big problem but will go on investigate.

The yellow button crashes my Kodi. Confused all other colored ones work well.

so - now again wife accepted and thats most important! Big GrinBlush

btw: I am always open for any german kodi discussions when PMed. danke! Big Grin

/krijeck
rebuilding ....
I got the yellow button to work, PVR runs perfect, not only pause, i can skip back in Live TV when i watching a channel and forward. Check your prefenrences in your PVR Plugin (bzw. im Menü Live TV gibt es zumindest die Möglichkeit das Timeshift zu aktivieren - keine Ahnung wie sich das Englisch schimpft aber unter Clientspezifische Einstellungen findest das). What backend are you using and what System?

Mine based up on Ubuntu 12.04, VDR 2.0.6 from Stable PPA, VDRNSI at the Moment, Kodi Final and a few Tweaks and runs perfect. Maybe your Skin crashes the Yellow Button?

works. the client specific settings for time shift needed to be adjusted. so play pause works now.

I am using TVHeadend as Backend with IPTV.

The yellow button is mapped (at least in the remote.xml) but crashes kodi. no idea why?
probably the reason is my version of Kodi which is Kodi 15.0 ALPHA1-Git:3870d97 (Compiled: Jan 2 2015) - always one step ahead! Rofl

Actually my setup is pretty unstable since weeks so I need anyhow to do a clean new install.

thanks again - and nice video. Nod

my system is:
Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
Kodi 15.0 ALPHA1-Git:3870d97 (Compiled: Jan 2 2015)
HTS Tvheadend 3.4.27~gfbda802 running on Lubuntu 14.04
rebuilding ....
After reading this entire thread several times, I just wanted to make sure that it still holds true for Helix 14, and this remote. So this https://github.com/xhaggi/xbmc-eventclient-hama-mce still works currently to map this remote?
hi mikedpitt420 - as said by lokipoki81 the remote still works. so does it in my system.
so you can use it. Wink
rebuilding ....
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Hama MCE Remote Control to fully work in Ubuntu 9.042