[LINUX] HOW-TO get Hama MCE Remote Control to fully work in Ubuntu 9.04

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
h.udo Offline
Fan
No, just Tvheadend I'm afraid.

Use yaVDR and ask the dev's help at vdrportal.de. They speak English and are very helpful.

h.udo
find quote
arshlan Offline
Hi,

I'm all new to xbmc and remote control and i'm facing a problem.
Sorry to use this thread but didn't want to make a whole new one just to ask a question.

I own a hama mce remote and using windows 7 x64 & xbmc 10.1 and wanted to know if there was a way to use the configuration hints given on the first post of this thread on windows os?

thanks!
find quote
xbmc-user Offline
@xoanon

xoanon Wrote:I changed the setup a little because I liked the keyboard emulation of the Hama MCE for my Launcher ( ubuntu netbook-launcher )

hama_mce.rules
Code:
#
#  start the hama_mce HID parser/keycode translator for XBMC
#
#  There is also a LIRC driver available for this, but some buttons are unusable then, since
#  they send mouse button events instead of key press events.
#
# SYMLINK and MODE is not needed. but set the right OWNER!
BUS=="usb", ACTION=="add", SYSFS{idVendor}=="05a4", SYSFS{idProduct}=="9881", SYMLINK+="hamamce" OWNER="xbmc", MODE="0666"

now I can start the hama_mce binary ( read link doc ) and the xbmc with a little script. And only then the other input devices from the hama mce are dropped (keyboard/mouse).

Need some clarification. If you are running binary directly, then why do you have to change the hama_mce.rules. I didn't get that part.

Do you mind sharing your script. Curious to know how are you killing hama_mce when you exit XBMC. Something special or simple kill!
find quote