Here is the hardware I am thinking. What do you think?
As the title suggests, I am putting together my HTPC. I have no experience with this, so your help is appreciated.

I will watch HULU and Netflix with it.
Watch DVD
Watch Blue-ray
I will be burning my DVd and Blu-ray collection to the HDD's as well.
All connected with HDMI

ZALMAN Black Aluminum / Plastic / Steel HD503 ATX Media Center / HTPC Case

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

XFX GT220XZNF2 GeForce GT 220 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ600MXSP 600W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC

Intel Core2 Duo E7500 Wolfdale 2.93GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80571E7500

A-DATA 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1B16K

Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drives -Bare Drive

LG Black 8X Blu-ray Burner - Bulk Model WH08LS20K - OEM

Thermaltake CL-P0372 92mm Enter CPU Cooler - Retail

I plan on running Linux (never used it b4) with XBMC on top.

Let me know if this is a competent system, if it is too much or if I left anything out.

thanks
any comments?
That sounds perfectly fine to me - considering I'm running a P4-3.7GHz 1GB system with little trouble. Your system sounds like a dream!
Sweet baby Jesus that is one expensive (yet awesome) case.
blockofwood,

Any progress on your build. I'm considering doing one myself and we chose the same MB. I realize you just posted a few days ago. Please keep us posted.

I'm not sure I'll go with the "sweet baby Jesus" caseSmile.

SpitIV
I would wait for Intel Pineview to come out first ..
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
I'm the kind of person that is guilty of always waiting on the next latest and greatest gadget. In fact I've been considering building a HTPC for quite some time (too embarrassed to give a better estimate). But I don't think the Pineview is really what I'm looking for. I'd like a speedy ripper and storage as well as XBMC and form factor is not an issue for me at the moment. In six months when I have all my media network accessible the Pineview may be perfect as a second player only box. Thanks for the heads up on the Pineview though and let me know about any misconceptions I may have.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Here is the hardware I am thinking. What do you think?0