Starting Movies
When I start a movie, it seems to open a box in the lower left had corner of the screen which sits there for a while, and then finally blanks the screen starting the movie.

Would it be possible, when starting movies, to have the current screen just sit there until the movie takes over....or, why does it open an empty box first? (It looks like a mistake?!)
Sounds like you've got a slow computer.
I've never had this issue but I've seen the preview box when files end a few times.
hikaricore Wrote:Sounds like you've got a slow computer.

You calling the ATV slow?!... Wink

I don't know if it is possible to just have it not display anything prior to the movie starting.. I would prefer a black screen over having something popping up in front of the UI... or have the box say LOADING...or?
The box might be needed to get the focus on top of the UI...dunno... Not that big of an issue.
I don't have a slow computer but I see this also - only for a second perhaps but it's still visible.

I would have thought that regardless it has to be a bug to load the 'Now Playing' box when opening a video file? It can't possibly be useful as the video will then always start full screen.
Well I'm running an old dual core 2.2ghz amd /w 2gb of ram and an 8600GT nvidia card.
I've never seen the now playing box appear before the movie starts so i have to assume its related to your hardware, OS, or background processes.
I remember seeing this ages ago but it's definitely not happening now so I'd suggest updating XBMC.
Just saying I've have had this happen for maybe a month and just git pulled a second ago and still have the 'now playing' window show up for a split second before media plays.

My main PC, which I just tested this on, is a little outdated but still pretty solid. I'll test later on my HTPC which I just bought a few months ago and is more powerful.

Doesnt bother me though, nothing I noticed in VideoOverlay.xml that could be changed....

**Edit**
Actually putting a delay="800" for the window open animation got rid of it for me but thats Hitcher's call if he wants to include it in the main build.

@JDizzy

If you want to get rid of it yourself just copy this block of code over the <animation type="WindowOpen"> at the top, lines 5-8, of VideoOverlay.xml
Quote:<animation type="WindowOpen">
<effect type="slide" start="-600,0" end="0,0" time="600" tween="cubic" easing="out" delay="800" />
<effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="600" delay="800" />
</animation>
I need someone to test this for me please.

Open up the VideoOverlay.xml and change line 7 from
Code:
<effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="600" />
to
Code:
<effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="600" delay="1200" />
and let me know if it's makes a difference. You could also try different delay times.

Thanks.

EDIT: I should have refreshed the page, lol.
Yeah, beat you by a minute, lol...looks like you need to have the delay on both animations because just on the fade like you had didn't work. I still saw the window.

My code worked but as you can see I had to start the window off the screen a little farther or else it looked liked the window was stuck for a second.

Kind of odd that not all people have this problem:

Im using:

Windows 7
Camelot Beta 1
NVIDIA GeForce 8400
Ubuntu Karmic (Linux kernel 2.6.31-15-generic)
SVN (whatever I pulled from git 2 days ago)
Nvidia GeForce 8600GT

**edit** I should also mention I'm running a nearly bare X session with only a terminal and openbox.
It could be where the media is stored and how long it takes to load it up?
I am running Camelot Beta 1 on a Mac Mini 2.2Ghz Snow Leopard. I get this issue, but only for a split second before playing files. It isn't a massive worry of mine, just thought I'd confirm that more people have the issue.
Here's a good question, are you folks using sata, pata, usb, firewire, networked drives?
These things matter as hitcher hinted at. The file size may also be important.
A 12Gb bluray rip at 1080p /w dual audio and subtitles may take a second to load depending on its source where as a 350Mb avi file will load instantly from most all devices/drives.

All of my machines use internal sata drives.
mcborzu Wrote:Actually putting a delay="800" for the window open animation got rid of it for me but thats Hitcher's call if he wants to include it in the main build.

@JDizzy

If you want to get rid of it yourself just copy this block of code over the <animation type="WindowOpen"> at the top, lines 5-8, of VideoOverlay.xml

<animation type="WindowOpen">
<effect type="slide" start="-600,0" end="0,0" time="600" tween="cubic" easing="out" delay="800" />
<effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="600" delay="800" />
</animation>

Copied code from above to VideoOverlay.xml and the box is gone. (thanks!)

I am loading mainly .mkv files +/- 2GB from networked USB drives and am running latest version of Camelot Beta 1.
Committed and pushed.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Starting Movies0