VCD / SVCD Menu Navigation Support?
Exclamation 
videocd (svcd/vcd) menu support.

is anyone up for the challenge of coding/porting a vcd-menu/nav into a xbox library and/or a dll for xbmc?

since progress seems to go well with the new mpeg-player core thought i post this in case someone else like to take vcdnav on. i'm posting this initially as an internal feature suggestion only, then if someone picks it up we can maybe move it to the internal development forum(?). if someone(s) of you are up for this challenge and/or like to do this or help out i would that would be great as with both dvd-menu and vcd-menu support xbmc will at be able to function just as good as a standalone dvd-player in that department too. i'm not a programmer myself but i was thinking and hoping that it would be possible for someone to port xine's vcdlib to a xbox-library and then either integrate that into the new mpeg-player core, or the libdvdnav, or maybe even better a new separate dll.

more info on xine's vcdx plug-in (vcdx/vcdnav):
xine-vcdx (vcdnav) is an optional navigation-capable (s)vcd input plugin for xine (a free video player). xine_vcdx supports vcd, svcd, xvcd, xsvcd, hqvcd with playback control (pbc), selections, still-frames and menus; plus an enhanced cd-da (audio compact disc) plugin. xine_vcdx aim is to add the full compliment of advanced vcd/svcd features to xine. note that mpeg's with multiple audio tracks is not supported by this plugin (so a feature to only play left or right audio-channel to all speakers would have to be coded separately)

xine vcdx plugin developer notes related to xbmc:
first, important thing to know here is that a non-official developer called lgtran actually ported xine-vcdnav and the vcdimager library to xbmp over a year ago, however no developer on our team picked it up at that time so it was never integrated by us but his source code is still available so maybe that could be of some use(?), anyway you can find infromation on the port here (link) as disscussed in the xbmp-development-forum (maybe use it as a base or just to get ideas, he re-designed it for xbmp's mplayer-core which could be why he didn't get so far (as in theory it should now be much simpler to link it to xbmc's new mpeg-player core), plus the original xine-vcdnav source code been updated and ported to mingw since then which should make it easier to port into a dll for xbmc). developers should also note that there has been a major code reorganization in the original xine plugin; vcdimager and libcdio is not included in the vcdnav/vcdx library anymore, instead external copies of them is used for low-level disc access, etc., (read the release notes of and older version (27/05-2003) of xine-vcdx for details on this (link). another good thing to know here is that libcdio has already been ported to xbox and is integrated into xbmc (so might only have to link to that code/library).

links to related sites containing source code and documentation:
- xine vcdnav/vcdx library (cvs) latest source code.
- xine vcdnav/vcdx library (cvs) code documentation.
- xine's website (inc. more development docs/info).
- xine - a free video player on sourceforge.net
- the gnu vcdimager project website (also see here).
- libcdio - compact disc input and control library.
- videolan client (vlc) is an alternative player which also has vcdnav support
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VCD / SVCD Menu Navigation Support?0