Start XBMC in Ubuntu
I have installed Ubuntu 9.10, netbook remix version, followed the Wiki "how-to" with no error messages. I stopped at the last set of instructions to have XBMC start automatically. But I don't know where to launch XBMC in Ubuntu. Can someone direct me how to find the application so I can run XBMC?

Thanks.
You probably want to open a terminal (that's an application) and on the commandline just type in "xbmc" (without the ").

If you want an icon to start it, just create a "launch application" icon, and make that start xbmc that way.
You said, that you want to start XBMC automatically. For that you can change the session in your login-screen. If you change it to XBMC, it will be started instead of the GNOME-Desktop.
Sad 
Thanks. I can now run XBMC. I have been using XBMC on a windows PC and all the movie info comes down from the web really nice. However, on my new Revo, with Ubuntu, I can set content, it scans but when I go to movie information, the movie name comes up as a really long list of letters. I go to change the name to what it should be and it won't change. Any idea what is going on? I checked my file name(s) and they are all correct.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start XBMC in Ubuntu0