Intermittent video cuts out on HDMI only, but not under VLC
Video randomly cuts out for a few seconds at a time under the new beta. It seems to be the reacquisition of the stream by the TV, and doesn't happen with the analog connectors.

Boxee does the same thing, although straight up VLC does not. I disabled match display refresh to video, and that has helped tremendously, but it still happens. Any ideas?
what video card? and are you using the fullscreen window option in the system settings
Windows 7 - XBMC live Dualboot
Acer Aspire REVO R1600 - PS3 Remote
Nvidia ION LE 230
3GB Ram
I've tried that setting, to no avail. This is a GeForce 8300 onboard an Asus M3N72-D. If I have a VNC session connected, I can see the video continuing but the TV is sort of "reaquiring" the stream. And it doesn't happen with VLC for example. Blush

btw, Windows 7...
it almost sounds like a DirectX glitch. if a standalone player is unaffected. try playing a fullscreen video game or something that uses directx and see if that does it too
Windows 7 - XBMC live Dualboot
Acer Aspire REVO R1600 - PS3 Remote
Nvidia ION LE 230
3GB Ram
i think im having the same problem. im runing windows 7 64bit with a ati 4550 GPU with HDMI out to my Onkyo tx-sr508 AV Receiver. when you watch a tv show or film at a comlpetly reandom point the video just stops and xbmc appears to crash i have to CTRL + ALT +DEL to manualy close XBMC then i get my desktop back on my TV.

when playing the same video back in media player or VLC there is also a small random glitch in the video for a second or 2 then it just carrys on and plays fine which makes me think it could be something to do with codecs? BUt XBMC is deffinelty effect much more by this than any other programs any suguestions would be great?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intermittent video cuts out on HDMI only, but not under VLC0