Different Background for Videos, Movies and TV Episodes?
I took advantage of the GUI settings to hide the 'Videos' option on my Home screen and instead show the distinct "Movies" and "TV Episode" options from the Home screen. I then took advantage of the GUI options to select my own backgrounds, and chose different backgrounds for "TV Episodes" (the default TV on a wall from Confluence) and "Movies" (the red cinema seats from MediaStream).

It's working perfectly for me, and (despite having never ventured away from PMIII or PM3.HD over the years) the whole family are finding it really intuitive and pleasurable to use. Thank you!

To make life simpler for the real novices however (seeing as you're set to become the defaulty skin), would there be value in including different backdrops for Videos, Movies and TV Episodes to avoid the need for users to download their own? I found that the same background for two adjacent blade choices (i.e. Movies and TV Episodes) wasn't as intuitive as the rest of the skin.

Just a thought and (as my set up works great for me) happy for you to action or ignore as you see fit!

Cheers,

Fergus.
this boils down to 2 things
1) Its not a default option so I really don't want to bulk up the skin with somthing most people probably wouldn't use. when its so easy to change them if you do
2) I pull my hair out constantly trying to find generic backgrounds that look different yet the same and still convey Videos,Movies,TVShows
While I agree with the OP and actually did add my own so its easy to differentiate between TV Shows and Movies, I can see Jezz's point. Also, its so easy to change to your own with Confluence (Thanks Jezz!)

On the subject, where is a good place to find backgrounds? I got some from HTBackgrounds and moddified them in Photoshop. Are there any other good sites or is google our best bet?
@Jezz - Totally understand, thanks for taking the time to respond! I should also mention that my six year old daughter also loves the skin, as she's never in any danger of running into 'that scary shark picture' from PM3.HD!

Thanks again!

@dtviewer - Like you I struggled to find quality images on Google. Fortunately, I really like the Confluence default for my TV Episodes, and Mediastreams 'cinema seats' for my Movies! I've never really looked too hard to find anything else.
Fergus Wrote:@Jezz - Totally understand, thanks for taking the time to respond! I should also mention that my six year old daughter also loves the skin, as she's never in any danger of running into 'that scary shark picture' from PM3.HD!

Thanks again!

@dtviewer - Like you I struggled to find quality images on Google. Fortunately, I really like the Confluence default for my TV Episodes, and Mediastreams 'cinema seats' for my Movies! I've never really looked too hard to find anything else.

Haha--yep, I went with the Mediastream theater seats for my movie section also. I think it looks perfect.
For Videos I used a picture of a film reel and overlayed some movie clapboards with 'Home Movies' and 'Music Videos' written on them. Looks pretty good.

I am just not happy with the TV section picture. I need to find/make a good one for that section. If you have any ideas I'm listening!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Different Background for Videos, Movies and TV Episodes?0