Alphabet soup movie names
I finally got XBMC loaded on my Revo with Ubuntu (Karmic Koala). I think when I followed the "How-To" guide, it may have loaded the 9.11 beta. Anyway, I have used XBMC (9.10) on a windows PC and all the movie info comes down from the web really nice. Worked real good with all of the movie data. However, on my Revo HTPC, when I set content, use TMDB, it scans ok. But when I go to movie information, the movie name comes up as a really long list of letters. I go to change the name to what it should be and it won't change. Any idea what is going on? I checked my file name(s) and they are all correct and it works on my windows PC. HELP please.
Any help would be appreciated.
I have no idea what you are on about.
Screenshots of a movie listing and the movie info screen would help I guess.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I believe my issue has something to do with my network. When I add an external HD with movies, it scrapes perfectly. But across the network, it finds and plays movies but the movie names, when I set content and then go to movie information, are a long string of letters.avi. Not sure if my Nettop ubuntu likes working with my Win7 PC (which is where my movies are stored) across the network.
What do you see when browsing with ubuntu?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I don't see the other PC. In my WIN7PC, network, I don't see the Revo3600 either. But I accessed my movies thru UPnP and it found them when I added source in XBMC.
I am about ready to install WIN7 on the revo. Ubuntu is a little frustrating for a newbie. But I want the video quality thru VDPAu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alphabet soup movie names0