Hide Drive Letters from Fileview
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to hide some drivers from the fileview.
I like my HTPC screen as clean as possible and I don't like the fact that some of those drivers will never be used on XBMC. Is there a way to hide those sources?

This is what I mean:

Context Menu > Remove Source
Hitcher Wrote:Context Menu > Remove Source

Thx for the reply.

But it won't work (tried it before). It would only work if I was doing it for a source I added myself. That's not the case. XBMC will automatically show all drive letters that you have assigned on your PC.

That behiavior seems to be a bit new. I'm sure that older version weren't like that (but I can't pin-point the exact build were it started. But the problem is older than two months for sure).

I know it's a small thing, but I would sure love get rid of those drivers.
I have the same issue. It's especially annoying because my HTPC has a card reader that adds 4 drives. Windows 7 ignores and hides them in Windows Explorer, and I would prefer to not have them show up in XBMC as well.
Neepawa Wrote:I have the same issue. It's especially annoying because my HTPC has a card reader that adds 4 drives. Windows 7 ignores and hides them in Windows Explorer, and I would prefer to not have them show up in XBMC as well.

Yup, same as me.
The screen shot was taken from my desktop PC. On my HTPC I have like 8 drivers showing up. Really annoying.
Maybe you can share the drive through windows then add it as an SMB share.
Currently all removable (flash) and optical drives are shown when a media is inserted. some sd card readers are reported to show as drive even if no card is inserted. All fixed drives are still choose able via add source.
Drive a can be disabled in the bios.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:Currently all removable (flash) and optical drives are shown when a media is inserted. some sd card readers are reported to show as drive even if no card is inserted. All fixed drives are still choose able via add source.
Drive a can be disabled in the bios.

Thx for your reply.
Is that behavior intentional?
In my case, I really prefer the older style.
Isn't this why you would use the Library?

Wouldn't you expect to be able to see drives that exist. How else would you ever add files when you had no sources to start? Also what about pictures or videos on thumb drives, or SD cards?
Discaciate Wrote:Is that behavior intentional?

To show a flash or optical drive when inserted, yes. Showing empty card reader, no.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
WiSo Wrote:To show a flash or optical drive when inserted, yes. Showing empty card reader, no.

That's a problem with your hardware's design and/or drivers, not XBMC.

With the 9.11b1, my DVD drive and flash card reader don't show unless there is a disc or memory card inserted respectively. If the hardware is showing as if it has media inserted all the time in Winblows, there's nothing XBMC can do about that.

Cheers,
The REAL Joe
wrong. we can check if the volume contains a file system or something similar and only if yes show it. Since I don't use such a card reader I don't have something to test yet.
To get around the whole 8 drive letters for your memory card reader issue, I use USB Drive Letter Manager.

One nice thing is that it can force Windows to only show drive letters for inserted memory cards and not all available slots. Also, you can assign drive letters so that when you insert a card or usb flash drive they use the assigned drive letters in series. For example I have it configured to use X,Y,Z. So the first card or flash drive plugged in will use X, then Y, etc. It will also prevent flash drives from using mapped network drive letters which Windows likes to do.

You can find it here:
http://www.uwe-sieber.de/usbdlm_e.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide Drive Letters from Fileview0