[UPDATE] Universal Media Flags
Soul Wrote:Isn't it the same as for the other flags? If one of my movies doesn't have 720p or DTS flags or whatever Alaska displays nothing. Seems odd that studio flags would work differently?
No, it's not the same because XBMC may well have a Studio name but we don't actually have an icon to display for that studio so using !IsEmpty(ListItem.Studio) wont make a difference.
Hitcher Wrote:No, it's not the same because XBMC may well have a Studio name but we don't actually have an icon to display for that studio so using !IsEmpty(ListItem.Studio) wont make a difference.

Ahh of course, makes sense. It's a different situation completely and should have thought about it more....
I'm still hoping to get around it soon though.
Could you not use the studio image as a watermark; have it faded in the background. I've used this type of thing in my Rapier mod and it looks nice.
Hitcher Wrote:That's the reason I wanted it on the very right; it looks less out of place there than elsewhere in the line up.

As for it not displaying when there's no studio flag to show - I'm still waiting to find out how to achieve this -

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62766

I've been able to fix this. Have a look in the other thread. I'm uploading the files now (or I can email them to you) so that you can merge them into GIT if you'd like.
If I may ask, did you have a specific process for making each studio flag? I'd like to start going through my collection of movies that don't have flags yet and start making them.
I know that they're 161 by 109, and I know that they're basically white, but is there anything else to them? How, for instance, did you do the ABC-HD one?
They're not only white, they're white on a fully transparent background.
They need to be in png format with an alpha layer for transparency.

What I've found works best is to find svg, eps, or ai files (vector art) of studio logos and scale them down.
Scaling down a non vector image format such as jpg or gif will only make you rip out your hair but has to be done in some case.
jbor613 Wrote:If I may ask, did you have a specific process for making each studio flag? I'd like to start going through my collection of movies that don't have flags yet and start making them.
I know that they're 161 by 109, and I know that they're basically white, but is there anything else to them? How, for instance, did you do the ABC-HD one?
Halibutt Wrote:It's simple.
  1. Find the logo (preferably in some vector format)
  2. Open the logo file with Gimp, PS or any other decent program
  3. Resize the logo so that it doesn't exceed 82x125 pixels (it could be 82 pixels high and 20 pixels wide or 80 pixels high and 120 wide, doesn't actually matter as long as the dimensions do not exceed 82x125)
  4. Paste the resized file onto a clean, transparent file 109x161 (height x width); you could use any of the existing files, Ctrl+A, Delete the contents and paste a new logo.
  5. Save, upload to FF's site and voila
Film studio Flag Icons - Post new ones here!
Studios now fixed -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TWDMA1SnBM
I love Alaska's media flags. They're best around. Really beautiful.
So that i dont open another topic.

I was an AEON user but today i tried this Alaska and i was convinced. All is working fine... except one thing. I cant seem to put the flags to work. In AEON they work. However in Alaska they dont. How can i have studio/720p or 1080p/HDDVD or Bluray/DTS or AC3 flags on this skin?

tks

EDIT: Oh yes... and i have the flags on buttons in settings.
Are you using the old 'studio tag hack' method?
Hitcher Wrote:Are you using the old 'studio tag hack' method?

? Sorry dont know what u mean. Can u please teach me how to put flags in Alaska?
How did you get them working in Aeon?

If it was with a Media Manager that added them to the NFO then they wont work but if you just let XBMC do the work then it should be fine.
Hitcher Wrote:How did you get them working in Aeon?

If it was with a Media Manager that added them to the NFO then they wont work but if you just let XBMC do the work then it should be fine.

I added the info with Ember Media Manager. So how can witch fields i should delete from the nfo, so that the flags finally show up?
Cant i use EMM at all?
What do you mean let XBMC do the work?

Another thing, Dont i have to download the flags files and put them on the media\flags dir?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[UPDATE] Universal Media Flags0